Principal Product Owner - Solon, OH
Location: Solon, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
The Principal Product Owner is a member of the AMI Business Unit and works for a high-profile complex, distributed, 24x7, SAAS based, commercial system software product hosted onsite and a private cloud environment. The Principal Software Engineer is capable of translating business vision into a technology reality and works as a team member along with the Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), Business Analysts, Project Managers, Application Architects and Senior Developers to design and implement architectural enhancements. Provide oversight and expertise across various technologies and business domains to deliver complete solution.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute a solution strategy and business plan that supports product growth
- Help business development by serving as SME for STAR products and services
- Actively participate in all aspects of project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for STAR projects
- Lead performance optimization efforts and help address them, if necessary
- Help to assess the security STAR applications and ensure that they meet internal and external compliance mandates
- Review artifacts like use cases, estimates, high level designs, low level designs, code, and provide appropriate feedback
- Ensure development standards are followed including automated checks (via tools such as Visual Studio Static Code Analysis, etc.)
- Identify complex issues in a timely manner and provide mitigation recommendations to the Project Managers
- Identify Non-Functional Requirements (Performance, Security, Testability, Extensibility, Scalability, Maintainability, Deployability, Accessibility, etc.)
- Support and mature the Agile development practices working with the Aclara software team
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
7 + years’ experience in design and development using Systems Development Life Cycle and Project Management Methodologies
5 + years’ experience with a variety of architecture/design patterns and idioms, especially .NET platform
Experience in uncovering requirements, conceptualizing solutions, and developing a framework for implementation of systems
Experience with developing performant/scalable/high-availability systems; specifically performance/reliability issues.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent time management skills, including multi-tasking and prioritization
2 + years experience in cloud design and development
3 + years’ experience with Agile (SCRUM) development
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.