Certified Welding Inspector - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
Responsible for improving production efficiency of welding operations through use of better equipment and techniques. This role would also need to support improvements in production processes in other areas, but the main focus would be welding support. Will research and develop new manufacturing technologies to reduce cost, improve safety, reliability, and quality. Must be able to work with Operations, Procurement, Sales and Quality to help ensure production and customer needs are met.
A Day In The Life
- Responsible for creating and maintaining welding certifications on process and people to internal and customer specifications per API 1104.
- Ability to inspect welds and make corrections to processes based on inspection
- Responsible for employment of lean manufacturing principles to all product fabrication activities in support of existing production and processes as well as new configuration of existing products.
- Support and lead capital projects to improve safety, production efficiency, and quality.
- Troubleshoot production problems and make recommendations based on thorough analysis; creating necessary drawings of tooling and fixtures used in the production process.
- Drives Engineering related manufacturing changes that improve quality, cost, lead time, etc.
- Develop detailed, complete, and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Analysis and evaluation of manufacturing methods, equipment, and standards.
- Create 3D models and drawings using Autodesk Inventor.
- Gather usage and production information from SAP (ERP)
- Review drawings accuracy and consistency with company standards.
- Review of customer specifications and comparison to company capabilities.
- Provide supporting documentation for ECNs in accordance with company standards.
- Preparation of final reports and conducting a quality check of all documents and reports, verifying accuracy of data, information, and calculations.
- Takes leadership role in process validation and pilot production activities for new and/or improved equipment and processes.
- Investigates new technologies and options for equipment, design, and assembly.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Welding Knowledge- Ability to understand welding issues and effectively communicate with welders and robot operators. CWI preferred.
- Quality Management- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from a four-year college or university with 2 years’ experience, or 5 years related work equivalent experience
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Office; Autodesk Inventor, and SAP (ERP system)
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.