Job Type: Not Specified
The Lead will perform duties related to maintaining the flow of production through our sheet metal fabrication (Barfield) area. This individual will report to the area Supervisor delivering leadership and excellence in manufacturing processing and ensuring a safety-first work environment. Ensures efficient use of material and equipment assigning personnel as appropriate to execute day to day operations. Provide technical support through interactions with support groups to ensure accurate and well managed transfer of process changes/improvements to floor operations. Provide support to integrate best practices, where appropriate, into manufacturing
A Day In The Life
- Lead a team that is focused on the primary purposes of daily operation through safety, quality, service, and productivity.
- Ensure the hourly workforce is effectively trained and flexible throughout the department.
- Primary contact for troubleshooting and issue resolution or escalation.
- Oversight and execution of all routine and critical operations, as well as changeover validation activities.
- Ensure all documentation is complete, reviewed, and meets expectations.
- Responsible for floor inventory and communicating schedule.
- Monitor material consumption and coordinate all materials deliveries.
- Recommend/Implement process changes/improvements or safety/ergonomic improvements.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- At least 5 years manufacturing lead experience
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as drawings, maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, and material drawings.
- Basic mechanical skills – Needed for trouble shooting printers, presses, and baggers.
- Proficient in Microsoft word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Electrical Solutions
Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.