Manufacturing Engineer - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
The Manufacturing Engineer will have a heavy focus on implementation of lean manufacturing. This position provides direct support to the operations team in terms of department layout, efficiency improvements, work instructions and cycle time studies. The expectation of this position is to take a lead/partner role in supported departments and make an immediate positive impact. Processes will include, but not be limited to, the following: Steel and aluminum fabrication, welding, CNC machining, brazing, electroplating, and assembly.
A Day In The Life
- Through the use of lean engineering tools, design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the introduction of new ones
- Assist in developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events
- Lead troubleshooting activities for various process issues that arise
- Must be able to demonstrate success in leading cross-functional teams and managing multiple projects to completion simultaneously
- Create and modify work instructions, PFMEA’s and control plans
- As needed, lead capital projects as the main point of contact. Responsibilities include machine selection, cell layout, financial justification, working with quality and product engineering to create and update control plans and engineering requirements, overall timeline management, installation of equipment and production startup.
- Compile project update reports and present to management concerning project timeline, budget and estimated completion dates of projects
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Strong experience as a manufacturing or process engineer – preferably in a medium to heavy manufacturing environment and prefer low volume/high mix environment.
- Knowledge of root cause analysis methodologies
- Demonstrated success in continuous improvement methodologies.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple projects/tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated success in justification of capital projects
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.