Sourcing Manager - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
The Manager of Sourcing will report directly to the Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) Director of Sourcing and will be responsible commodity category management responsibilities for castings or forgings. This position will play an integral role in shaping the sourcing strategy in collaboration with business and functional stakeholders. The Manager of Sourcing will be empowered to demonstrate results in support of enterprise initiatives, namely supply chain resilience and world class procurement (direct material productivity). The successful candidate will be responsible to identify and implement functional excellence best practices to drive continuous improvement and improve service levels and will work in closely with multiple internal stakeholders including operations, engineering, finance and quality to achieve desired results.
A Day In The Life
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manager of Sourcing will operate in a matrixed organization supporting multiple business units.
- Utilize data to develop a performance dashboard that provides value added information coupled with actionable information to proactively mitigate business risk.
- Provide leadership and communication in sourcing process, procedures and technologies to generate and sustain standardization and optimization.
- Lead the organization utilizing a project management methodology with regular updates on productivity planning, new product development planning, near-shore/off-shore planning, and practice regular change management elements especially communication, training/support, monitoring/reinforcing, and focus group engagement.
- Own end-to-end productivity throughout the supply chain to support working capital efficiency.
- Develop and maintaining strong global relationships in a matrixed environment of business, corporate and cross functional levels.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelors Degree in Business
- 5 or more years of experience in progressive sourcing/supply chain/procurement positions
- Experience with both domestic and international supply chains in the castings commodity category
- Proven change management, project management and relationship building skills
- Proven sourcing/supply chain experience; experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong analytical, business process analysis and problem-solving capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of the organization
- Ability to work both independently and effectively across teams and persuade/influence others in a matrixed organizational structure
- Prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Strong appreciation for data integrity and clear process definition
- Ability to exercise good judgment and utilize decision making skills
- Proficient knowledge of large Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, preferably SAP; for Purchasing Modules
- Skilled knowledge of MS Office programs
- Language requirement: Bilingual (Spanish & English)
- Ability to travel an average of 10%, supply stability and project dependent
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.