Forecast Analyst - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
The Forecast Analyst will oversee the management of the forecast for multiple Business Units within HUS. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing historical bookings/usage, evaluating outliers, and working with Business Unit/Site leadership to develop the forecast used to drive production and procurement activities. This position will work closely with Marketing, Materials Leadership, Inventory Optimization, and other Forecast Analyst to drive improvements in forecast accuracy.
This position requires a combination of statistical analytical skills and the ability to build partnerships with invested parties at all levels of the organization.
This position is Hubbell site flexible.
A Day In The Life
- Generate accurate and timely part specific forecasts in support of Business Units sales and inventory objectives.
- Perform forecast reviews integrating historical data, customer supplied forecasts, and statistical analysis.
- Develop and expand on areas and products being forecasted.
- Conduct statistical demand analysis.
- Utilize appropriate forecast modeling to capitalize on current trends.
- Monitor demand forecasts and ensure accurate reporting and analysis of data.
- Measure forecast accuracy and drive improvement.
- Develop and measure key performance indicators to track and evaluate forecast performance.
- Tie to Business Unit/Site Production, Sales, and Inventory (PSI) forecasts to balance demand analysis with short to medium term part forecasts.
- Lead forecast outlier reviews with Business Unit/Site Materials, Operations, and Marketing teams.
- Perform reviews and assist with Master Data management, such as ABC velocity reviews, MTO/MTS decisions, etc.
- Take the lead to continuously review, report, analyze and make recommendations to cross functional leaders to improve the forecast processes and tools.
- Engage in continuous improvement activities.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in demand planning or other role performing large amounts of statistical analysis.
- 5+ years of related supply chain experience, hands on production planning, inventory management, forecasting, production control, finance with demonstrated ability in analytics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and effectively across teams and persuade/influence others.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload, and achieve effective results.
- Understanding of MRP/ERP concepts and processes, SAP preferred.
- Use of SAP Integrated Business Planning (IBP) preferred.
- Skilled knowledge of MS Office Programs.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.