Maintenance Technician 3rd Shift
Location: Greenville, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Individual will be responsible for maintenance and repair of building systems and manufacturing equipment. Individual will adhere to current ISO requirements and observe all safety and housekeeping requirements.
A Day In The Life
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance on building and equipment per the Maintenance Management System.
- Diagnose the source of equipment problems by observing equipment operation and employing trouble-shooting methods.
- Initiate material requests for parts.
- Perform repairs as needed on buildings and equipment.
- Oversee contractors when repairs require service from an outside vendor.
- Perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Experience - Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in these maintenance areas: mechanical, electrical, electro-mechanical, electronics, hydraulics, pneumatics, building infrastructure (compressed air, boilers and heating, water, electrical, fire systems), and trouble-shooting skills. Must be trained in LOTO(Lockout-Tagout).
- Education – High school diploma or GED preferred. 2 year Associates degree is a plus. Employee must be able to perform basic reading, writing and mathematical functions.
- Language Skills – Ability to read and comprehend instructions, memorandums and correspondence. Must be able to read and decipher electrical schematics and machine drawings. Ability to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing.
- Mathematical Skills – Basic mathematical skills are required. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to understand and carry out detailed written and oral instructions.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registration – Must possess (acquire through training) and maintain fork lift operator certification.
- Physical Requirements – The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to bend, stoop and lift up to 35 pounds on a regular basis. Specific vision abilities include close vision, color, distance, peripheral and ability to adjust focus.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Electrical Solutions
Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.