Group Lead - 1st shift - Material Handler - Broken Arrow
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
The Lead is a working, first line leader of production line employees. They are responsible for the routine communication of job assignments, training for specific product runs, and placement of employees in assignments as required for the day. This position reports directly to the Production Supervisor of the area and indirectly to the Warehouse Manager.
A Day In The Life
- Lead team by example. Coach, lead and develop subordinates.
- Prepare paperwork for line and quality checks, ensure travelers are present for current jobs.
- Contact Material Handler to bring additional components for production line as needed.
- Lead team on 6-S’s daily to ensure departments are well kept and safe.
- Communicate daily/weekly expectations to production team members in reference to Safety, Quality, and quantitative goals.
- Escalate production issues per escalation charts for any issues that arise.
- Monitor workers on site during production activities to ensure adherence to ethics and safety procedures.
- Evaluate manufacturing equipment for safety and functionality, ensure daily sign offs on equipment.
- Ensure that products and goods manufactured meet quality standards obtainable in the industry, perform first article inspections for jobs running in assigned work cells.
- Create work schedule for workers and ensure that they strictly adhere to it; take attendance to ensure regularity and promptness of workers to duty, monitor employees reporting back to work cells on time after scheduled breaks.
- Work as middleman between workers and management to create healthy communication.
- Train all employees and ensure sign offs are completed on work instructions. Turn in to management when completed.
- Monitor performance against performance goals to ensure progress is being made and communicate to management or supervision when corrective action is needed.
- Help to build an organizational culture in which passion for continuous improvement is innate.
- If an employee needs to leave the work cell and it’s approved by the Lead/Supervisor, Lead is to stand in and cover position until employee returns.
- Work in the department cells, on production lines or equipment along side team as required by production demands or supervisor discretion.
- Work with Supervisor(s) on resource allocation based on daily needs/requirements of the facility.
- Working knowledge of basic SAP functions.
- Order packaging supplies, in advance, to support department needs (Shipping Lead only).
- Other duties as assigned by supervision or management.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.