Quality Engineer - Greenville, AL
Location: Greenville, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Responsible for the maintenance and reporting aspects of the quality management system at large. The Quality Engineer will demonstrate the ability to implement policies and procedures that enhance the awareness of quality, process controls and continuous improvement of the quality management system. Must be able to communicate and actively participate with all levels of management and operations personnel with regards to the advancement of quality initiatives for the organization. Must have strong data analysis, process improvement and project management background to assist in the generation, maintenance and reporting of corrective actions, metrics, process mapping, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and standard work.
A Day In The Life
- Facilitate, monitor, evaluate, and work with department managers to complete assigned corrective actions. Verify effectiveness of correction actions implemented. Support the development of metrics tied to the corrective action program.
- Provide data inputs to assist in the communication of metrics reporting for the facility and to the entire CMC organization regarding the state of quality.
- Audit existing and new ISO-9001 processes/procedures for compliance based on ISO requirements and audit history.
- Possess working knowledge (and applications) of quality terminology/methodology, AQL sampling, trends, operation of measurement devices i.e., optical comparator, CMM, six sigma, statistical process control (SPC), metrology practices, design of experiments (DOE), et cetera.
- Knowledge and implementation of PPAPs/First Article Inspection to assist in the change management of manufactured product preferred. Ensure PPAP/FAI process is effectively deployed and assist in the completion of PPAPs/FAIs, when applicable.
- Be passionate about new technology and the pursuit of simplifying quality practices through acquisition/utilization of new equipment using our AFE process.
- Assist in the maintenance of supplier quality data, provide inputs for supplier scorecards and to leverage SAP, where applicable. Visiting supplier locations when needed.
- Develops and facilitates continuous improvement activities to streamline critical quality processes and to create flow/organization when necessary at the CMCH facility (limited in scope to quality department only).
- To create PFMEAs/Control Plans by product family to ensure that preventive/preventative measures will be taken to prevent recurrence of any quality issue.
- Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A., B.S., B.E.) from four year college or university in Business, Engineering, Operations, Process, Quality Assurance or Science discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience working as a quality engineer is preferred.
- Experience with SAP ERP is highly preferred.
- Experience in leading internal company audits and supplier audits is helpful, certification as a lead or internal auditor is advantageous.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency in data collection and analysis is required.
- Must be proficient in the creation of presentations, facilitating/delivering training, and public speaking.
- Must be able to use statistical tools such as Minitab or equivalent and have a working knowledge of statistical process control (SPC).
- Certified by ASQ (American Society for Quality) as a Quality Engineer is a plus.
- Prior experiences in manufacturing of any kind are helpful.
- Ability to travel up to 20% is necessary.
- Bilingual in French, Spanish or both languages is a bonus.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Electrical Solutions
Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. HES provides the critical components that allow operators of buildings, factories and other industrial infrastructure to connect, protect, wire and manage power.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.