Test Lab Technician - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Provide laboratory testing services to Hubbell business units and third-party customers primarily in the electrical test laboratories including high power, high voltage, and continuous current testing.
A Day In The Life
- Perform product testing of electrical utility products by operating test equipment following test plans primarily in the short circuit test laboratory.
- Execute test plans using prescribed test methods, laboratory quality documents and industry standards.
- Write test reports accurately describing items tested, equipment used, test procedures and test results.
- Provide technical support to other members of assigned department.
- Assist laboratory manager or assigned supervisor in laboratory accreditation to ISO 17025, including managing equipment calibration records, maintenance, and quality documents and procedures.
- Identify and recommend needed equipment, automation products, new test methods, and capital investments needed to improve laboratory operations including efficiency and productivity.
- Participate in cross functional teams with internal, remote engineering groups with regard to testing plans for product development, R&D, design/process/supplier changes.
What will help you thrive in this role?
Minimum two-year technical degree. Previous relevant experience acceptable in lieu of formal degree.
Experience with electricity, power generation, line maintenance, or physics.
Experience in technical problem solving, working in technical teams, and working in cross functional environments
Good communication and presentation skills.
Must be a self-starter with strong drive, initiative, and ability to work with limited management input.
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, ability to travel on business related trips; ability to move to various locations with the Company; ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
Preferred but not required:
Proficiency drafting and design utilizing Autodesk products.
Experience coding in visual basic, C or other modern programming language.
Allen Bradley PLC programming.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.