Continuous Improvement Intern - Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
This position will be responsible for learning and contributing to Kaizen and other Lean events as well as identifying Lean initiatives and opportunities within the Chatsworth, CA manufacturing site. In addition, this position will assist in training and developing employees within the location on Lean concepts and tools, allowing individuals to drive Continuous Improvements within their departments. Candidate must be a highly motivated and independent worker who has a passion for Continuous Improvement and the development of others. Position will offer complex challenges that require in-depth data analysis, original thinking, persistence, and a positive attitude. The expected internship dates will be from May 13, 2024 until August 2nd, 2024. The pay range for this internship will range from $48,000.00 - $50,000.00 annually.
A Day In The Life
- Assists Continuous Improvement by translating business objectives into actionable projects
- Communicates and exemplifies the company’s Continuous Improvement philosophy, vision, and expectations
- Learns and shares Lean and Continuous Improvement best practices through the organization
- Acts as a Lean/Continuous Improvement business partner to all departments and levels (top leadership to shop floor and office), challenging processes, proposing ideas, and driving change
- Acts as a change agent around Continuous Improvement opportunities
- Trains teams and individuals in improvement processes, optimizes floor layout and material flow using Lean concepts
- Supports employee training and development on Lean Manufacturing and Lean Office concepts
- Drives a Lean culture throughout the location
- Hands-on active position that leads from the floor
- Identifies opportunities to reduce cost, lead-time, and inventory
- Identifies quality improvement opportunities
- Evaluates workflow and cell design, and develops improvements to enhance productivity and safety
- Looks for opportunities to maximize efficiency and reduce waste
- Supports Hubbell’s K3E program (Kaizen: Everyday, Everyone, Everywhere)
- Helps develop documentation from improvements for manufacturing and other business processes
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Candidates must be pursuing a four-year undergraduate or graduate degree or at an institution with an accredited program in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or a related field
- Proven leadership, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter who takes initiative to identify areas of opportunity and take action
- A high level of competence in computer applications and the ability to use technology as a decision-support tool
- Ability to identify and evaluate tactical methods to achieve objectives, identify deviations from the plan, and facilitate resolution
- Ability to handle confidential information and use discretion within and outside of the organization
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.