Maintenance Assistant - Wadsworth
Location: Wadsworth, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
Maintenance Assistant - 1st or 3rd shift - $22.00 - $24.00 per hour
*if hired for 3rd shift, must be willing and able to train on 1st shift
- 1st shift: 7:00am - 3:00pm Monday - Friday
- 3rd shift: 11:00pm - 7:00am Sunday - Thursday
The Maintenance Assistant will work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and may perform activities such as cleaning, lubricating, or performing routine maintenance on equipment and machinery. They will also assist with repairing or replacing faulty parts, such as electrical, mechanical, plumbing and other manufacturing-related components while ensuring that safety standards are met. The primary goal of the Maintenance Assistant is to support the maintenance team in keeping the facility running efficiently and effectively, while also having the opportunity to learn the necessary skills/experience to grow in their career.
A Day In The Life
- Perform light mechanical repairs.
- Inspect and repair defective equipment.
- Carry out preventative maintenance activities on property and equipment.
- Install and replace various components.
- Prepare tools and parts for targeted projects.
- Assist with inventory control.
- Maintain shop organization & cleanliness.
- Learn as you go and expand your skill base.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to lift and carry heavy items.
- Able to use hand and power tools.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical & plumbing.
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment.
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to diagnose and repair technical issues.
- Able to effectively use Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Access etc.,
Formal training opportunities are also available based on performance
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.