Intern, Product Management - Largo, FL,
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Type: Not Specified
We are seeking highly motivated and ambitious individuals pursuing a bachelor's degree in engineering or a diploma in technology to join our Product Management team that is focused on delivering successful products to the industry. This internship position provides a valuable opportunity to gain hands-on experience in product management within the power system industry and more specifically in the protection and control relay products. As an intern, you will work closely with the product management team and other cross-functional teams to support various product-related activities and contribute to the overall product strategy and success.
A Day In The Life
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Comply with all work rules, including but not limited to, the Company's safety, quality, and attendance policies.
- Assist in market research and analysis to identify market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape.
- Support the product management team in gathering and analyzing customer feedback, market intelligence, and industry standards.
- Contribute to the development of product roadmaps, including feature prioritization and product lifecycle management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, sales, and marketing, to define product requirements and specifications.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of product documentation, including product datasheets, user manuals, brochures, flyers, application guides, reference guides, and technical specifications.
- Assist in the planning and execution of product launches, seminars, webinars, and promotional activities.
- Work with business development, sales, engineering, production, and quotations team to track high visibility sales orders and mitigate issues as necessary.
- Assists product manager with reporting on product performance, including sales, market share, and customer satisfaction.
- Stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and competitive products to identify potential opportunities and challenges.
- Support the product management team in ad hoc projects and initiatives as required.
What will help you thrive in this role?
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Must be currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in engineering or a technology diploma from a college.
- High level of interest in the power system industry and related technologies.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to gather and interpret data effectively.
- Must have at least a moderate level of business acumen.
- Solid organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with product management methodologies is a plus.
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with a desire to learn and contribute to a fast-paced product management environment.
- Knowledge of power systems, electrical engineering principles, and related industry standards is desirable but not mandatory.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.