Kiln Operator - AM Shift - Wadsworth, OH
Location: Wadsworth, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
12 hour rotating shifts (5:00am - 5:00pm) - on 2 off 2, work every Wednesday 6 hours, off every other weekend (Sat/Sun)
-Wednesday shifts alternate each week: 5am - 11am or 11am - 5pm
Starting Pay Rate: $24.00 per hour (plus a 10% shift differential)
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Sick Time
- $100 yearly paid Safety Toe reimbursement (mandatory wear).
- Mandatory overtime when needed
- Overtime pay rate at 1.5x. Double-time pay rate 7th consecutive day of working 8hrs.
- Paid breaks.
- Paid holidays.
A Day In The Life
- Assist in the making of varistor blocks used in the assembly of high voltage surge arrestors
- Able to perform function of the kilns such as loading and unloading blocks per Process Specification and all operating procedures – Loading and unloading Binder Burnout Ovens.
- Follow all safety rules and lock out tag out regulations for self and others.
- Able to distinguish between good and out of spec product.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Previous experience in manufacturing is preferred
- Previous experience operating a tow motor is preferred
- Must be able to perform basic tasks on a PC or tablet.
- Willing and able to work a 12 hour shift.
- Willing and able to work in hot and humid environment.
- Able to stand on your feet for extended periods
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work in a fast-paced setting
- Able to do repeated monotonous work
- Must be a team player
- Ability to maintain a reliable attendance record
- Must be willing and able to work overtime and assist with covering vacations as needed
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.