Senior Buyer - Cromwell, CT
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
A Day In The Life
The Buyer will analyze production schedule to ensure raw material needs are met throughout the business unit. Product needs must be met in a timely and accurate manner to ensure low inventory is maintained while meeting production needs.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze business requirements and order raw materials based on requirement dates and quantities.
- Review and adjust raw material schedules based on changes within production and fluctuations in needs.
- Communicate schedule changes to planning and production in a timely manner.
- Assist purchasing team and engineering department in sourcing and quoting of new materials.
- Establish and maintain relationships with both new and existing vendors. Work closely with vendors to negotiate pricing, lead time reduction, and maintain quality.
- Review and react to demand provided by MRP, manual triggers, and planner communication.
- Work with the materials group and production to ensure that sufficient parts are on hand to meet short/long range schedules.
- Assist in cost savings measures and projects throughout the business unit
- Take initiative and ownership of materials projects to help drive a lean initiative. Actively participate in developing and implementing process improvements throughout the materials group.
- Direct other purchasing employees as required
- Perform other duties as required
What will help you thrive in this role?
A Bachelor's Degree in Business or Manufacturing or related field or over 10 years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong knowledge of ERP Systems
- 5+ years of purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Microsoft Excel skills in data analysis and presentation
- Possess effective communication skills
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- High sense of urgency, ownership, & ability to multi-task
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.