Laboratory Engineer - Wadsworth, OH
Location: Wadsworth, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
Provide laboratory testing services such as mechanical, environmental, high-voltage, high-power and continuous current testing to Hubbell business units and third-party customers. Typical products tested are electrical utility distribution / transmission products.
A Day In The Life
- Oversee operations in electrical test laboratory including scheduling of test requests, test program development, test execution, and reporting.
- Review test data for accuracy, consistency with test plans, and approving reports .
- Assist technicians to perform product testing including setup, planning, and reporting per laboratory quality documents and industry standards.
- Author test reports describing test objects, equipment, methods, procedures, and results.
- Maintain laboratory accreditation to ISO 17025, including managing equipment calibration records, maintenance, and quality documents and procedures.
- Assist Laboratory Manager to define, initiate and manage capital equipment and equipment design projects.
- Interpret industry standards and become an electrical subject-matter expert with regards to electrical equipment and pulse-power / high-voltage testing.
- Design and/or qualify new test equipment, test cells, and test methods to meet the needs of Hubbell design teams and third-party customers.
- Lead investigations and root cause analysis for equipment non-conformances, troubleshooting, and out-of-tolerance events.
- Provide technical support to other members of the laboratory team as required.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or other applicable general engineering degree.
- Relevant experience with electricity, power generation, line maintenance, automation, machining or product testing.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics often using teleconferencing tools, presentations and speaking in front of groups.
Preferred but Not Arrived:
- Previous experience with electrical research, product testing, calibration laboratory operations, electrical equipment manufacturing, or electrical utility operations.
- Previous experience or familiarity with quality assurance, standards engineering and/or reliability engineering.
- Proficiency with data collection and analysis tools (e.g. Oscilloscopes, LabVIEW, PSpice, etc).
- Proficiency in modern programming language (e.g. Python, Matlab, visual basic, C, etc.)
- Proficiency with drafting and design utilizing Autodesk products.
- PLC programming.
- Experience with test equipment, gages, and/or quality inspection tools and techniques.
- Experience with equipment specifications, qualifications, calibrations, and/or maintenance.
- Familiarity with industry standards (e.g. ISO, IEC, IEEE, ANSI, ASTM, etc).
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.