Continuous Improvement Manager - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
Focus on continuous improvement efforts for the Business Unit. Position encompasses improvement in material flow, labor structure, facility layout, maintenance, and expenses.
A Day In The Life
- Identify cost reduction opportunities across all facets of the Business Unit including material cost take-out, product cost take-out, labor and burden structure, sourcing and facility expenses.
- Coordinate and supervise the actions of manufacturing engineers, sourcing engineers, and quality technicians to achieve improvements.
- Plan, maintain, and manage a pipeline for all productivity improvement projects to assure that annual productivity improvement goals are exceeded.
- Manage the business unit capital budget.
- Facilitate the writing of AFE’s for the Business Unit, track and report project savings and AFE’s status, and track capital expenditures to assure they are within planned targets.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering; MS preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in engineering and manufacturing
- Must have demonstrated project management experience in working with cross-functional teams (engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, sourcing, and others)
- Must have experience in writing major expenditure requests or funding requests,
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess strong team skills to communicate and influence all levels of the organization
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.