Associate Manufacturing Engineer - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
To support the manufacturing operations, specifically the Lineman Tools and Equipment Division, including determining the most cost-effective method of manufacturing components with existing equipment/facilities as well as proposing new methods/equipment.
A Day In The Life
- Trouble-shoot and resolve re-occurring manufacturing process issues.
- Prepare justification documentation for capital expenditures.
- Assist in tool design and manufacturing process development.
- Assist in the development of cost saving measures through the continuous improvement process (Kaizen).
- Supply cost estimates to marketing for new and existing product lines.
- Work closely with product engineering in product changes/new product introductions.
- Provide technical support/training to direct labor employees.
- Cross functional opportunities to Business Unit to include quality, supervision, and scheduling functions.
- Investigate and implement safety and ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor's Degree in Composite, Mechanical, Materials, Chemical, Industrial Engineering or related field
- Experience working with Pultrusion processing and associated equipment preferred
- Understand composite processing with related materials and chemistry preferred
- Desire to learn secondary composite manufacturing methods preferred
- Ability to design pultrusion tooling in Autodesk Inventor or equivalent software preferred
- Ability to interact across a multi-functional team to support product changes and new product introduction
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.