Sr. Technical Application Engineer - South Central Region
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Sr. Technical Application Engineer - South Central Region (TX, OK, AR, LA)
The Sr. Technical Application Engineer is the primary technical resource for the team of Sales Directors tasked with selling Hubbell Utility Solutions. Sr. Technical Application Engineers are responsible for working within the Sales team as the key technical advisors and product advocates for Hubbell Utility Solutions. They should be able to articulate market and product positioning to both business and technical users, representing the technical aspects of how the Aclara portfolio solves specific utility problems. The Sr Technical Application Engineer collaborates with Inside and Outside Sales, Product Management, Product Marketing, Project Management, Engineering, and Technical Support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that accurately address customer needs and are appropriately supported by key technical decision-makers within Hubbell.
A Day In The Life
- Collaborate with Sales Directors to scope technical solutions to address utility requirements, and recommend solutions that optimize value for both the customer and Hubbell
- Develop and deliver demonstrations of hardware and software solutions
- Understand utility systems and software and articulate how Hubbell solutions interface with and provide value to the utility
- Represent solutions in customer meetings and at field events such as conferences, seminars, trade shows, short-list meetings, etc.
- Review and respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Convey customer requirements to Product Management hardware and software teams
- Provide technical sales support to distributors and manufacturer representatives
- Provide coaching and professional development to Inside and Outside Salespeople in order to improve their product knowledge, utility savvy, and technical sales skills
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education, and after-sales support services
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering discipline required; Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Master’s degree in Business or equivalent area of study, preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience working within the utility industry required, direct utility experience a plus.
- Advanced Smart Grid knowledge: Metering, AMI, Distribution Automation and Technologies, Demand Response, etc. – as well as utility back-office systems and operation is required.
- Experience in Electric Utility Engineering and/or Operations role is preferred.
- Experience working with Hubbell / Aclara solutions is preferred.
- Ability to develop and deliver compelling software product presentations and demonstrations.
- Able to effectively communicate independently or as a member of a team.
- Must be motivated, goal-oriented, and persistent.
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision.
- Ability to travel up to 50% via air or land.
- This is a remote position, with the incumbent located in either TX, OK, AR, LA.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.