Embedded Software Engineer - Westbury, NY
Job Type: Not Specified
The Embedded Software Engineer will design, develop, test, and maintain software applications and systems for embedded devices.
Salary range for this position is $125,000 to $140,000.
A Day In The Life
- Design, develop, test, and maintain software applications and systems for embedded devices.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to integrate software and hardware to meet product requirements.
- Debug issues and find solutions for complex embedded software systems.
- Understand and work with low-level hardware interfaces and protocols.
- Support existing firmware, fix bugs, and add new features.
- Participate in code review and optimize software performance.
- Develop and maintain software documentation including requirements, design, and test specifications.
- Create and maintain internal firmware documentation.
- Review and support software manuals created by technical writers.
- Support customer service with firmware issues.
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and industry standards in embedded software development.
What will help you thrive in this role?
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Master’s degree a strong plus including computer architecture, program languages,
- Digital systems, electronic/digital circuit prototyping and other relevant courses.
- 5 -10+ years of experience in embedded systems and firmware design architecture.
- Must have skills in C and C#; OS coding, Interfaces; hardware and tool development for compiling and debugging for embedded system
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills both written and verbal.
- Bonus skills:
- Experience with software development for communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, UART.
- Experience with fieldbus communication protocols such as Modbus, DNP, IEC61850.
- Experience with cellular modem connectivity.
- Familiarity with Linux (Yocto) development.
Hubbell creates critical infrastructure solutions that power our customers, communities, people and the planet. Our company is strategically aligned around enabling grid modernization and electrification. As more products plug in to an aging grid, Hubbell solutions enable the transition to a more reliable, resilient and efficient energy infrastructure. Founded in 1888 our innovation has made us a leading global manufacturer of high quality electrical and utility solutions enabling customers to operate critical infrastructure reliably and efficiently.
The company operates in two segments. Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications and Hubbell Electrical Solutions (HES) are essential to managing power across a wide range of industries and applications. Our vertical market solutions can be applied to markets including Data Centers, Renewables, Commercial Buildings, Industrial, Telecom and Transportation. Supporting both of our business segments is our corporate and Hubbell Unified Business Solutions teams that provide consistent process, tools technologies across our businesses.
We are committed to operating sustainably and ethically while promoting an inclusive and supportive culture for our people to grow and develop in their careers. Our employees proudly work and serve our communities from our headquarters in Shelton, CT, across the United States and around the globe.
Hubbell Utility Solutions
Hubbell Utility Solutions (HUS) enable the grid to conduct, communicate and control energy across utility applications. HUS provides the critical components that allow the grid to reliably transmit and distribute energy, as well as the communications and controls technologies to make the grid smarter and more flexible.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.