Global Mobility Program Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Global Mobility team is responsible for developing and leading Microsoft’s global relocation and assignment strategy, program design, and operations, and we facilitate the movement of key talent on a worldwide basis including cross business travel. With the recent fundamental shifts in how and where we work, we are focusing on deploying compliant solutions and achieving operational excellence while innovating a distinctive employee experience for Microsoft.
Reporting to the Director for Global Mobility, this position will be responsible for program operations management and effective delivery of services to our employees through the complex web of global employment and immigration laws and other regulatory requirement related to people & mobility matters.
We are looking for a candidate with highly knowledgeable in global mobility technical matters and operation program management, possibly with multi country exposure regulations experience, but who can also empathize with employees and communicate complex subjects in a simple and effective manner to our employees, HR functions and business partners.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Supports the development of Global Mobility programs and processes by conducting competitive assessments and aligning program design with global and local business needs; contributes to development efforts of engagement solutions for targeted hires by creating marketing materials.
- Manages the day-to-day operations and progress of the program and communicates the program status to management and stakeholders on a regular basis. Performing quantitative and qualitative analysis, such as assessing the effectiveness of current processes and identifying opportunities for transformation and improvement.
- Supports and collaborates with peer disciplines (e.g., Engineering) by implementing and communicating changes to improve existing or developing new processes; conducts research to identify trends and best practices; recommends solutions to meet the evolving needs of business, HR, and mobile employees and executes ongoing updates/improvements to programs and processes.
- Provides program management documentation and reporting at appropriate stages of the program, including program charters, RACIs, OKRs, work breakdown structure, program plan and communication, program logs, status reports and lessons learned documentation.
- Collaborates and develops effective working relationships with external partners and suppliers to drive process improvements and efficiency. Experience with company-wide global mobility program launches and implementation of integrated technology ecosystems.
- Ensures continual alignment and partnership pertaining to cross-functional Finance, Legal, Equity, Payroll, HR, Tax, and business teams to advise, provide guidance and educate stakeholders on wide range related-matters domestic and international cross-border business travelers and other remote movement type such as hybrid workplace arrangements.
- Keeps focus on agility, simplicity, and efficiency while remaining compliant within each country’s regulations, by seeking creative solutions that balance risk with optimal outcomes for the business and employees.
- Leads project and change management efforts for responsible areas.
- 6+ years experience in a Human Resources role (e.g. Global Mobility, Learning and Development, Employee Communications, Talent Acquisition, Compensation/Benefits)
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Social Sciences, or related field AND 3+ years experience in a Human Resources role (e.g. Global Mobility, Learning and Development, Employee Communications, Talent Acquisition, Compensation/Benefits).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 1-2 years project management experience
- HR global mobility program management
- Experience in managing hybrid workplace arrangements or cross-border business travel operations programs
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Understanding of HR processes and HR information systems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong multi country regulations exposure or knowledge
- Technology driven and comfortable working with company-wide ecosystems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.