Claims Compliance Analyst (Hybrid)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Administers and may participate in the development and implementation of Compliance programs. Ensures compliance with the laws, regulations and rules of federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations
- Prepares and files regulatory and compliance documents and/or reports.
- Handles interactions pertaining to approvals.
- Analyzes and responds to objections and inquiries from authorities.
- Creates forms and reports to comply with new or existing regulatory requirements. Prepares memorandums regarding the use of forms.
- Responsible for reporting and /or investigating any non-compliance or suspected fraudulent acts.
- Ensures that investigations follow approved processes. Presents clear, concise, and factual reports that enable fair and relevant decisions to be made.
- Administers and enforces company related compliance guidelines.
- Drafts and delivers complaint responses.
- Receives, analyzes, interprets, and responds to regulatory matters and/or inquiries from the various state departments of insurance, federal agencies, self-regulatory organizations, industry associations, and/or internal and external customers. Refers more complex matters to appropriate staff, as needed.
- Coordinates, administers, reports on, and develops audit/review processes.
- Maintains and retrieves material from departmental databases and files.
- May perform research.
- May provide back-up coverage for other compliance areas.
- Maintains and leverages strong relationships within state insurance departments and/or other regulatory authorities. Acts as a liaison between the organization, specific departments/business units, third party vendors, and regulatory authorities.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of the organization, regulatory agencies and current trends in ensuring compliance.
- Provides technical advice to less experienced positions and other functional areas.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Field of Study: Business, Liberal Arts, or related discipline.
Experience: 2-4 years of insurance/ securities related experience. Continuing progress toward and/or the completion of an Associate Insurance Regulatory Compliance (AIRC) designation.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.