Sr. Workers Compensation Analyst, Claims (Hybrid)
Location: Albany, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advocates for clients by providing claim oversight for claim exposures for Workers’ Compensation for Commercial Property & Casualty.
- Coordinate processing of claim with client, risk manager, designee, carrier, third party administrator, producer, AE and others to advocate on behalf of our client.
- Control service of claims and maintain status and follow up as needed.
- Prepare and attend, both virtually and in person, client claim meetings to advocate on behalf of the client, including pre-renewal, renewal and claim reviews. Regional travel: 10%
- Assist Sales Team to address client claim issues.
- Assist the Team Leader in various projects, including development of best practices, teaching and training of claim advocates and claim coordinator, and other adhoc projects.
- Conduct ModMaster reports and present claims analytics to client.
- Advanced knowledge of Workers’ Compensation claims and laws, with a focus in New York. Experience with ModMaster preferred.
- Experience presenting Claims Review to clients, virtually or in person.
- Ability to review files for compensability and advocate for clients for reserve changes.
- Exceptional customer service skills, including emotional intelligence and commitment to outstanding client service.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work with multiple clients and carriers.
- Problem solving focus, maintains confidentiality and strong listening skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Balance team and individual responsibilities and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Upholds organizational values, treats others with respect and works with integrity and ethically.
- Supports organizational goals, follows policies and procedures and completes tasks correctly and on time.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment and includes appropriate people in the decision-making process.
- Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles while maintaining professionalism.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, sets goals and objectives, and organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness while meeting productivity standards and completing work in a timely manner.
- Is adaptable, punctual, and dependable.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Four-year college/university degree and AIC/CPCU preferred.
- 5+ years of handling high-level, litigated Workers’ Compensation claims with an ability to evaluate claims for compensability.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience with ModMaster preferred
- Regional travel required
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NY is $54,000 – $85,000.
The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.