Location: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full time
Grow a Better Tomorrow with Nufarm.
We know that growing is about more than just crops and cultivation. It’s about sunshine and rain, early mornings and hard work. It can be frustratingly unpredictable but also wonderfully uplifting. More than anything, it’s about people. Nufarm is the dependable partner behind thousands of agricultural success stories. Every day, growers around the world turn to our products and our people to help with the challenges of fighting disease, weeds and pests, and to increase crop yields.
How can you grow with Nufarm?
Based in Chicago Heights, IL, Nufarm is looking for an Environmental Engineer who will be responsible for the day-to-day environmental processes, ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory and company requirements, delivering training, and supporting manufacturing activities for US region.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for on-time environmental regulatory reporting, certification, and compliance activities for Nufarm North America Region.
- Coordinate and oversee the industrial waste disposal process for manufacturing sites to meet environmental regulatory compliances and company policies.
- Train and direct manufacturing sites on various industrial waste reduction projects and general operations to ensure compliance.
- Develop and maintain environmental inspection and audit programs to ensure compliance. Inspect the various sites for environmental compliances.
- Coordinate and verify the work progress as per the relevant EPA/state regulations and company environmental management systems.
- Assist in designing, preparing, implementing, and maintaining the environmental project plan.
- Reduce the impact on environment by pollution control, implementing plans for controlling wastes, conservation of flora and fauna, removal of hazardous substances and hydrocarbons, management of water in accordance with the legislated and contractual requirements.
- Responsible for recordkeeping of environmental documents and records to meet regulatory compliance and environmental management system requirements.
- Provide training and assistance to the team members.
- Make sure that industrial operations are regulated as per the state and local changing conditions.
- Determine the root cause of environment issues and plan for appropriate actions to overcome them.
- Identify potential environmental risks and design for mitigation plan.
- Maintain clear and complete documentations for reference purpose during environmental operations.
- Keep updated documents which enclose regulations and environmental policies.
- Work with cross-functional groups to maintain operational controls, monitoring programs, and environmental management system.
- Determine areas of improvement to lessen environmental wastes and damages.
- Other duties are performed under the guidance and direction of the HSE Director, North America.
What do you bring?
You hold a Bachelor’s degree Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Safety, Health Sciences, or related field. Additionally, you have 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment leading HSE compliance and programs. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in dealing with safety, environmental and regulatory matters.
If you want to be a part of a thriving, supportive environment and are inspired by the prospect of being a part of something bigger, we’d love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. All employment decisions are decided based on qualifications, merit and business needs. We are committed to building an inclusive environment for all Nufarm employees.