Location: Supply Chain
Job Type: Full time
Nuseed delivers VALUE BEYOND YIELD® through Canola, Carinata, Sorghum and Sunflower seed for farm customers and new plant-based solutions for end-use customers globally. Our industry leading Beyond Yield Carinata, and Omega-3 Canola products provide a truly sustainable platform recognizing the ever-evolving environmental challenges our world is facing. All of this is core to our global commitment and what sets us apart.
Over 400 Nuseed employees work across our global locations, including three world-class Nuseed Innovation Centers. Nuseed is the seed technologies platform of Nufarm Limited (ASX:NUF)
Nuseed has an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Manager with a strong focus on planning and execution of oilseeds and vegetable oil inventory management and shipments. The Logistics Manager will work closely with the commercial teams across the Nuseed Nutritional and Bioenergy business units.
Nuseed Nutritional is a closed loop supply chain specialty oils business into aquaculture and human
nutrition markets, developed from an output omega-3 trait in canola.
The Nuseed Bioenergy platform is a closed loop supply chain business leveraging our sustainably
certified Carinata program, delivering a non-food low GHG feedstock oil into downstream biofuel and
sustainable aviation fuel markets
Success in this role requires an understanding of the supply/demand requirements for the business. The duties will include coordination of logistics operations to deliver grain from farm to oilseed processing facilities, and oil export shipments. The strong logistics focus will include truck, rail, and vessel shipments, exportation documentation, inventory systems management, and communicating with third party service providers.
- Plan Supply chain schedule for grain, crush and oil shipments along with internal team including IBP, grain origination and oil sales
- Establish and maintain positive communication and business relationship with all storage and transportation providers
- Obtain truck rates from brokers/carriers, book loads and code invoices for grain hoppers and oil tanker trucks
- Continuous analysis for opportunities to improve logistics efficiency
- Communicate with grain elevators to schedule cars and receive truck and rail weights
- Communicate with Surveyor, Freight Forwarder, Carrier and Tank Terminal on each oil shipment
- Create Customs documentation for international shipments
- Customer support for oil sales, including invoices and communication of logistics and documentation
- Process inventory adjustments for grain and oil
- Create processing jobs, returns, sales orders and transfer orders in Netsuite and SMP
- Release rail cars within Rail company portals after loading at grain elevators
- Track rail cars, vessel shipments and communicate with customers/business partners
- Ship grain/oil samples for QA and customers
- Support QA with analysis data entry into SMP
- Support the value chain business overall as it evolves
Objectives & Primary Responsibilities
- Logistics planning and execution of omega-3 canola and carinata seed/grain and oil
- Coordinating shipments including freight booking and customer and service provider communicaiton
- Systems Management for inventory
The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the capacity, qualifications & experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations to individuals with known disabilities who are able to perform the essential functions of their jobs with or without such accommodations, unless doing so would impose an undue hardship on the Company’s operations. Individuals requiring accommodation should speak to the Company’s Human Resources Department concerning their needs.
Salary Range: $75,000 – $105,000USD
Nuseed takes several factors into consideration when determining salary ranges. These factors include, but are not limited to, candidate experience, education, geographical location, and industry. Nuseed roles are incentive eligible and offer a robust benefit package that are not reflected in the noted salary range.