Senior Mid-Market Account Executive, New Business (Remote, Americas)
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
As a Shopify Mid-Market Account Executive you’ll get to work directly with notable brands ranging from fast-paced startups to complex enterprises looking to accelerate their e-commerce strategy. Our Mid-Market customers are often leaders in their industries, willing to break rules and adopt new technologies; your goal is to remove roadblocks and help accelerate their growth. You’ll be joining a high performance sales organization that loves to win while also investing in a collaborative culture where our team members can develop and thrive in their careers.
You will be asked to help craft and execute account strategies to generate New Business opportunities for Shopify (think new segment, geography, or product). In order to be successful in this role, candidates must be able to self-source their own sales opportunities and be able to navigate large organizations with multiple stakeholders throughout the entire sales cycle. Leveraging your depth of selling experience, you’ll also have the opportunity to influence the broader revenue organization at Shopify (i.e. mentorship, methodologies, strategy etc.) as we experiment and explore new ways to reach more merchants.
You’ll be working on things like:
- Understanding the unique business goals, needs, and pains of prospects, helping them grow their business with Shopify products (primarily Shopify Plus, Payments, & Installments)
- Working with prospects through an entire sales cycle, from intro conversations through to contract negotiations
- Clearly articulate and demonstrate our value proposition, crafting detailed mutual plans, and creating excitement and enthusiasm among prospects
- Actively source, build and manage your sales pipeline and forecast your business
- Demonstrate an ability to multithread and access C-level executives
- Travel onsite to visit key clients, networking internally to influence key decision makers
- Collaborating on projects (mentorship, sales methodologies, tooling) to improve internal business processes
- Making the most of the opportunity to work at an amazing, innovative, and rapidly growing company; have an impact; be involved and do something incredible!
- 5+ years of relevant closing experience
- Full and complex sales cycle experience, preferably in technology/software environment
- High level of proficiency in executive presence, business acumen, prospecting, and solving customer problems
- A track record of over-achieving quota consistently & predictably
- A passion for talking to people, curiosity for understanding their unique business needs, and showing them how to transform their business
- Consultative and solutions-oriented mindset, with an ability to challenge assumptions and comfortably speak about various product offerings
- Extensive experience with outbound prospecting, cultivating a territory, and building a robust pipeline
- Comfort level with getting deep into technical product knowledge and becoming a Shopify product expert
- High energy and strong work ethic driving towards meeting or exceeding goals
- Carry a growth mindset, able to self-critique your own performance and seek areas of improvement
- An entrepreneurial mindset, a love for trying new things, iterating and then diving in again
- The ability to work in a self-directed manner navigating through a fast-paced and ambiguous environment
- Willingness to work, sell, and collaborate in a fully remote environment
- Extensive experience with sales tools [i.e. Salesforce, Gong, Salesloft, Linkedin, etc]
It would be nice if you also had:
- Previous experience working in New Business Sales
- Ability to create and execute a territory plan and generate self-sourced sales opportunities
- Experience in e-commerce, SaaS, or fin-tech sales.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application. A cover letter is optional. Please submit your application materials in PDF format.