Trainer, External Education & Enablement
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $500 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion — and embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
As a Trainer on the External Education & Enablement team, you'll play a crucial role in delivering exceptional educational experiences to our target audiences such as live classes and workshops that support our customers' business growth. Your role will involve assisting in the creation of training materials, conducting training sessions, and facilitating workshops. This is an exciting opportunity to build this practice from the ground up.
- Work with Education & Enablement leadership to define the roadmap for our live programming and how it works within our other education offerings
- Working with Instructional Designers and Video producers you will create and update training materials, including presentations, video tutorials, and other resources to support training sessions.
- Develop and deliver training sessions on various aspects of Shopify, including store setup, product management, theme customization, order processing, and more. Adapt training content to different skill levels, from beginners to advanced users.
- Work cross-functionally across the Education team, Revenue, Product Marketing and Product teams to identify customer needs, subject matter expertise and innovative ideas for training sessions and workshops.
- Staying up to date with the latest commerce trends, Shopify features, updates, and best practices to provide accurate and current training.
- Working with our Program Managers, research and gather data insights to uncover topics that solve our largest merchants and partners challenges with a focus on driving key business outcomes.
- Develop KPIs to measure program effectiveness, identify key insights, and adjust programs accordingly
- Monitor and evaluate performance through data analysis, surveys, and participant feedback
- You will have 4-5 years in customer education, learning or enablement roles
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Practical experience in conducting training sessions, workshops, or webinars. Preferably in the tech/SaaS industry.
- Self-motivated and organized with the ability to work independently.
- You enjoy finding creative ways to communicate complex ideas in bitesize chunks, at the right time, to the right audiences and are passionate about using analytics to optimize campaigns to improve performance for targeted KPIs.
- Writing experience and proven ability to create engaging, effective content; this includes editing and improving content written by other stakeholders, providing them with feedback and guidance
- The ability and willingness to work in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn and apply new skills, technologies and processes quickly
- A resourceful approach to projects - you’re proactive and great at self-assigning tasks; you’ll have to be good at managing your priorities
- Excellent relationship management skills - you’ll be working cross functionally with multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity and experience in the commerce space
- Experience working on technical education, enablement or documentation
This posting will be taken down on November 22nd 2023
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.