Partner Marketing Senior Manager - Global Recruit Demand Generation
Location: Remote - Global
Job Type: Full time
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for millions of merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
Moving at our pace brings a lot of change, complexity, and ambiguity—and a little bit of chaos. Shopifolk thrive on that and are comfortable being uncomfortable. That means Shopify is not the right place for everyone.
Before you apply, consider if you can:
- Care deeply about what you do and about making commerce better for everyone
- Excel by seeking professional and personal hypergrowth
- Keep up with an unrelenting pace (the week, not the quarter)
- Be resilient and resourceful in face of ambiguity and thrive on (rather than endure) change
- Bring critical thought and opinion
- Embrace differences and disagreement to get shit done and move forward
- Work digital-first for your daily work
The Scaled Partner Marketing team plays a critical role in recruiting new partners into our ecosystem and helping them thrive, so we can bring more Shopify to the world. We are looking for a talented Senior Partner Marketing Manager to join our team to help us build and scale demand generation efforts for the Shopify Partner Program. You’ll bring this goal to life by planning, building, and optimizing partner marketing programs and communications to recruit, activate, and onboard new partners to accelerate growth.
This role will be responsible for various elements of Shopify's global strategy to recruit new partners into the ecosystem which may include: building and maintaining demand generation programs and communications, engaging with preferred marketing agencies to support planning and execution, engaging with Shopify’s Partner Portal, aligning closely with multiple stakeholders including partner recruitment, partner enablement, and partner program teams.
This role requires you to be an excellent marketer, with demonstrated ability to identify and focus on high-leverage priority initiatives.The ideal candidate has a track record of building and driving demand generation programs with a laser focus on performance. You are detail-oriented and well organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and managing multiple stakeholders towards a common goal.
If you are a seasoned demand gen marketer that is passionate about building programs that drive demand, this role is for you!
- Drive end-to-end execution of global demand generation programs to recruit new partners to accelerate future growth
- Build and refresh repository of recruit assets for recruit managers to leverage including pitch-decks, case studies, and competitive intelligence
- Leverage data and insights to make informed decisions about strategy for global recruit efforts
- Support full recruit funnel with stage-specific touch-points and resources
- Collaborate and drive alignment with the partnership team, specifically regional recruitment
- Manage a budget and tracking system to assess the effectiveness of your marketing programs and campaigns.
- Produce and deliver presentations to internal and partner audiences about results, learnings, and the forward-looking strategy
- Proven track record in B2B marketing, preferably with partner, channel or e-commerce ecosystems and with a history of leading demand generation and/or partner marketing programs
- Experience producing successful demand generation programs
- Ability to simplify broad concepts and details into easily consumable communications
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders with different opinions to a common outcome
- Excellent communication and organizational skills while being able to stay focused on the big picture and pay attention to details
- Proven ability to lead and execute on projects that involve alignment and collaboration across disciplines and crafts
- A resourceful attitude that can proactively seek out information to influence action
- Ability to thrive in uncertainty, resolve ambiguity and think quickly on your feet
- Experience working with a global company with strong ability to influence and execute across time zones and cultures
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.