Senior Project Manager Engineer - Medical Device
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. This role will be responsible for managing New Engineered Products projects (medical devices components) in Plymouth, MN. Relocation assistance would be provided to candidates from out of state / area.
As a Senior Project Manager Engineer, you will:
- Achieve On-Time Delivery project performance objectives and report out progress.
- Conduct project On Time Delivery meetings.
- Oversees, contributes, and maintains action items in technical conversations with the customer.
- Manage project scheduling and gap closure requirements as needed.
- Achieve scope, schedule, and budget requirements as set by the project approval committee and the customer.
- Hold core teams accountable to schedule and deliverables.
- Provide Input into capital expenditures and project budgets.
- Track lessons learned and manage best practices.
- Participate in and lead, as required, Phase Gate Reviews.
- Ensure compliance with Product Lifecycle tools and procedures.
- Manage resource planning and staffing activities for specific projects.
- Maintain accurate project data reporting and insure accurate data report outs.
- Resolve project conflicts and establish escalation path on all projects.
- Ensure project closeout meetings, post launch reviews, and lessons learned are conducted.
- Be a resource to facilitate the resolution of project issues by team members.
- Ensure compliance to PMO processes, procedures, and use of PMO templates.
- Regularly keep management informed of risks, issues, and status of on-going projects.
- Understand and comply with quality system and business practices necessary to complete job function.
- Work with functional managers as needed to meet project objectives, on time delivery, and identify/resolve resourcing issues.
- Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and other stakeholders.
- Closely monitors the status of project schedules, budgets, revenue, and resources; prepares internal and external status reports as required.
- May manage a project team in support of strategic business initiatives to drive growth and productivity in the organization.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other Technical discipline preferred.
- Five or more years of demonstrated Project/Program Management experience in technology or Medical Device Manufacturing working with internal and external customers required.
- Experience in the matrix management of a project team.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations preferred.
- Formal Project management training required. PMP certification preferred.
- New product introduction experience for devices preferred.
- Demonstrated business acumen and confidence communicating to senior management and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and programs and meet scope, schedule, and budget requirements.
- Basic knowledge of materials, manufacturing processes, and component or assembly design principles required.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets