Material Handler Picker/Packer
Location: Jonestown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What your background should look like:
- Loads and unloads trucks and interfaces with common carriers.
- Signs bill of ladings for incoming shipments and process IBL, packing lists for receipts from vendors using POLIS and WCS
- Checks incoming product against documentation to verify accuracy, sorts products and prepares it for putaway.
- Receive product into WCS using barcode scanners or CRT.
- Put product away in available space by proper area/zone using order pickers, turret trucks, pallet jacks and barcode scanners.
- Picks products for customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests using barcode scanners, pick tickets, shipping papers, order pickers, turret trucks and manual or electric pallet jack.
- Performs other put away and pick duties, such as bin location audits, unit load and carton transfers.
- Weigh or hand counts quantities needed to fill customer orders, manufacturing orders and sample requests.
- Performs packing function by reviewing WCS packing functions or ship sets to obtain packaging instructions.
- Performs special packaging, prints and applies special labeling as required by each customer. Understands and follows the 107 specifications
- Recognizes hazardous/flammable material and prepares for shipment per established procedures.
- Prepares cartons and pallet loads for shipment by attaching proper shipment documentation as well as carrier required documentation. Prepares unit load shipments with stretch wrap or banding.
- Generates manifests and bill of ladings for each shipment checking against actual carton count in staging area.
- Contacts common carriers to arrange pick up for shipments.
- Loads and unloads cartons to / from pallets, carts or conveyor by using forklift and manual or electric pallet jack.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets