PRODUCTION MACHINIST II
Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
- Writes simple programs for less complex parts.
- Sets-up routine processes.
- Operates and verifies the quality of product on a variety EDM machines within the department.
- Performs routine or repetitive operations in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Performs routine set-ups, without assistance, on a variety of EDM equipment with in the department.
- Documents and proves out less complicated programs/processes on a variety of machine tools.
- Monitors variations in program sequence, e.g., positioning, cycle time, etc., and makes necessary corrections.
- Works from drawings and/or specifications as well as other Traveler instructions with little or no direction.
- Troubleshoots process related problems without supervision.
- May run multiple jobs at the same time.
- Evaluates production job performance compared to established production and quality standards, makes improvements to processes to enhance operations. Makes suggestions for process improvements.
- Maintains required tooling, as needed, to manufacture parts to specifications.
- Conducts quality checks through the use of fixed or adjustable precision measuring devices.
- Works with Supervisor, Department Lead, Engineering, Quality, and other Manufacturing personnel to establish the most efficient manufacturing methods on special or complex projects.
- Instructs or assists others as needed.
- Performs routine PM and/or less complex repairs on equipment as necessary.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely, and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Complies with Company, Department, and quality policies and procedures as applicable.
- Keeps management informed of job, machine, and equipment related problems as well as any other information related to work activity.
Maintains a positive attitude and promotes a “team” approach throughout the Department.
- Performs multiple operations as required.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
Physical demands and work environment
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: General machine shop environment.
TE Connectivity's Machinist Team's responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
Essential skills and experience
- High school education or equivalent
- 2-5 years of machine shop experience, preferably in a job shop environment.
- 6 months- 2 years experience operating EDM equipment.
- Very strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
- Proficient at using a microscope
- Proficient at understanding complex blueprints.