R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER I
Location: Fremont, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Integrated Systems Group (ISG) is part of the Aerospace Defense and Marine business (AD&M) within TE’s industrial business segment, supplying customers with electronic components that include ruggedized electronic interconnect solutions.
The ISG Development Engineering team is looking for a motivated an R&D/Product Development Engineer to work in our ISG Wire & Cable business. TE Connectivity’s Wire & Cable Development Engineering Team manages a wide variety of Wire & Cable products, including providing engineering expertise for sustaining product lines and developing new products for the global marketplace. The team works closely on projects across a variety of functional teams; working together with Product Management, Project Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Supply Chain, Sales and Finance to provide technical engineering support and analysis, and ensuring quality, cost and schedule commitments are upheld to our customers.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traﬃc in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee status is required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Provide engineering support for Wire & Cable products used and sold into the Aerospace and Military markets.
- Lead new product Qualification and Qualification retention efforts through thorough understanding of Specification requirements, compiling Qualification Test Plans, overseeing testing, and ensuring proper documentation.
- Support specific development activities as part of a larger development project, organizing experiments, trials, testing, and collating data.
- Support VAVE activities collaborating in brainstorm sessions, innovative solutions, organizing experiments, trials, testing, and collating data.
- Provide product Compliance oversight to REACH/ROHS requirements
- Provide support for product and materials obsolescence and product migration.
- Lead continuous improvement activities for product streamlining.
What your background should look like:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical degree.
- Experience in providing detailed documentation and translating into concise technical reports.
- Ability to understand and work out complex technical solutions
- Ability to communicate and listen cross-functional teams to accelerate the product development and VAVE projects
- Experience with product development from concept to industrialization preferred (VOC, DOE, FMEA, FEA).
- Competent user of 2D/3D CAD applications (Creo preferred).
- Be able read and understand mechanical/technical drawings and be able to interpret technical specifications
- Knowledge of and ability to follow standard laboratory and manufacturing health and safety procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to work as part of a global, multicultural team.
- Capable of working under limited supervision - will take ownership and accountability for project tasks.
- Knowledge of Mil-Aero and Space products/materials preferred.
- Green Belt in Six Sigma Design preferred. If not, must be willing to pursue.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets