Business Development Manager - Remote
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Business Development Teams identify, develop, and implement near-term and long-term business development strategies relating to the development of new products, technologies and services. They identify markets and determine the feasibility of business and product development. Our Teams perform economic analyses on new or improved product opportunities, develop business models and determine market trends to substantiate long-term prospects.
Our Data & Devices (D&D) end-markets are going through a period of exponential change and rapid growth supported by secular megatrends in Data-Center, IoT and Edge. Our customers are building devices and infrastructure which are redefining the information technology world. Our products push the envelope to meet the ever-changing need of an increasingly connected and data-driven world. Our approach is to enhance the way we engage customers, ecosystem and partners, and focus on what really matters to drive relentless pursuit of profitable growth. We are looking for an exceptionally driven and highly analytical Manager of Business Development, with a strong technology background that blends strategy and execution to focus on growing our business in IoT.
The incumbent will work closely with customers, partners, cross-functional stakeholders, and executive leaders in the development and execution of growth strategies. It will require exploration of new growth areas, profit-pool identification through deep understanding of the customers/ecosystem, building & validating strategies, and subsequently executing them to enable profitable-growth. It will require extensive interaction with external stakeholders (customers, partners) and internal stakeholders (sales, product-management, engineering, operations, finance) to determine intercept opportunities, develop value proposition, position the product/portfolio, and conduct targeted promotion to realize revenue goals.
This is a visible role requiring a high degree of execution discipline, independent strategic thinking, and tolerance to ambiguity. This role will report directly to the Americas IoT Sales Leader.
- Engage with customers and align with the sales function to develop new business pipeline for chosen IoT initiatives – starting with the Antennas and Data/Power Connector spaces. Be the owner from identification, through first customer contact and into design win conversion, followed by handing off to Sales once the engagement reaches steady state
- Demonstrate structured thinking, mapping of applications to customers, rigor in measuring revenue/pipeline, and a playbook for identifying customers and building the business
- Lead commercialization activities, including identifying and establishing the right ecosystem relationships, developing proposals and business structures, synthesizing customer feedback for internal teams and closing targeted deals
- Initiate and collaborate with stakeholders to develop customer proposals and presentation materials including development of business cases, value propositions and supporting financial models
- Demonstrate strong program-management mindset to drive growth initiatives by providing direction by establishing priorities, assign/pursue tasks, ensure accountability, and drive systematic follow-through. Own, maintain and drive progress dashboards. Prepare reports in relationship to meeting financial goals, identification of new opportunities, new customers, and pipeline
- Communicate with and influence executive leaders and key stakeholders as part of developing and operationalizing growth strategies
- Take responsibility for priorities, strategy and roadmap for expanding into new applications and platforms through targeted initiatives
- Drive strategy formulation, development and refinement for the chosen initiatives and shepherd them through the various gates into execution
What your background should look like:
Competencies / Skills:
- Highly analytical systematic strategic thinker with strong problem identification and solving skills
- Rigorously detail oriented, committed to accuracy and outcome driven
- Understanding of the IoT space with expertise in Antennas and Connectors
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to build rapport with customers/stakeholders. Ability to synthesize and concisely communicate complex ideas
- Ability to understand the big picture, uncover customer needs and translate into selling opportunities
- Adept at new customer prospecting and communicating value proposition effectively
- Ability to negotiate terms and conditions to drive desired business agreement results
- Passion for both business & technology, with deep understanding of key business/technical metrics
- P&L background/understanding with strong market and technical underpinning
- Self-motivated with ability to work in a fast-paced global team environment
- Composure and resilience under pressure – can operate with clinical calmness in a crisis
- Exhibits integrity and does not compromise principles/core-values for an easier route
- Program management mindset to systematically drive outcome via well-planned milestones, time-management/organization skills, balancing content-depth with process-injection. Aggressive follow-up skills
- Proven track record of delivering complex multi-disciplinary programs/initiatives from concept through execution
- Strong intellectual curiosity, coupled with desire to learn and improve constantly
- 8 years in Business Development, Strategy, Product Management and/or Sales, combined with strong background in Engineering
- Minimum of 4-year technical engineering degree, with an advanced degree (MBA preferred)
- Experience in IoT space (with antennas and data/power connectors) a plus
- Ability to support frequent travel up to 50% (both regional and global)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $111,600.00 – $167,400.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets