STAFF MFG & PROCESS DVL ENGINEER MOLDING
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Data and Device BU, Advance Manufacturing Process Team is currently seeking a highly motivated engineer inManufacturing Process Development Engineering to provide the engineering, design, innovation, development, and implementation of new and improved manufacturing processes including the next generation of manufacturing and digital factory technologies. This growth opportunity will provide highly valued global experience as well as developing advanced skills in hands on engineering, technical innovation, digital manufacturing engineering, manufacturing deployments, design for manufacturing and lean manufacturing.
- Perform day-to-day functions with little supervision and appropriately prioritize multiple and varied requests.
- Write reports and documentation concisely stating information, evaluation, and recommendation based on data.
- Advise new product teams on robust part design and design for manufacturability of new products.
- Assist in the design of new mold tooling through use of molding simulation and Creo 3D CAD modeling software.
- Write procedures and train less experienced molding engineers in the use of molding simulation.
- Define and optimize injection molding processes for new product development.
- Conduct product qualification using scientific injection molding and process validation.
- Know how and when to use in-mold sensors.
- Assist manufacturing facilities to improve chronic quality concerns and cost reduction efforts as requested.
What your background should look like:
- Plastics engineering degree (or sufficient experience in plastics)
- 5-10 years using Moldflow/Moldex3D as part of everyday job
- Experience validating results of Moldflow/Moldex3D vs. reality
- Master molder certification (level 1, or equivalent) – must know how to run a mold from start to qualified part
- General understanding of the electronic components industry.
- Must have an extensive knowledge of engineering principles, theories, concepts, practices and techniques typically associated with scientific molding. Working knowledge of molding machines and ancillary equipment. RJG Master Molder certification is a plus.
- Competency in mold design and mold manufacturing technologies.
- Comprehension of molding simulation analyses applying results to deliver superior tooling designs and product.
- Competency with CAD and other 3-D modeling and metrology software desired (Pro/E - Creo is preferred).
- Ability to read prints, schematics and solid models. Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing is a plus.
- Familiar with quality management systems, lean principles, and quality engineering practices.
- Working knowledge of six sigma and lean manufacturing tools. ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus.
- Sound project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Solid interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
- Anticipated Travel: 15% global travel
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $101,500 – $151,700 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets