SR R&D/PRODUCT DVL ENGINEER (DATA & DEVICES)
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Consumer, network and datacenter applications change at an exponential pace and the Data and Devices Business Unit is at the heart of a continuously expanding connected life. Accordingly, we provide responsive, iterative and fundamentally agile capabilities and conceived, designed and manufactured to support today's demands. Our customers are building the devices and the infrastructure that is redefining what information technology means. Our products push markets and meet the ever-changing need of the evolving, more connected, data-driven world. We are enhancing the way we do business, focusing on the most important things and staying agile and responsive to the needs of a faster, more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Work closely within a tight knit global multidisciplinary team environment as a Product Design Engineer tapping into the realm of creativity to develop multiple concepts with intent to solve a common need, and prototype solutions for market acceptance (including functional test vehicles).
- Generate 3D models using efficient and predictive practices for collaboration across engineering teams and engineering disciplines.
- Define and manifest concepts to reality utilizing rapid prototyping techniques and leveraging derivatives of existing manufacturing processes.
- Perform optimizing analysis for various corner cases to obtain limitation understanding of designs in process.
- Derive engineering testing plans to validate design assumptions with test vehicles.
- Clearly document definitions, assumptions, inputs, and outputs for succinct design package deliverables.
- Comprehend established engineering processes and practices for transferrable outputs for each project.
- Periodic travel may be required depending on project needs.
What your background should look like:
What your background, knowledge, skills, and capabilities should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering; Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, etc. preferred; Candidates without Engineering Degree with years of reputable experience and success also considered.
- 5+ years professional working experience around high speed interconnects and cable assemblies from within interconnect industry or from system implementation/packaging perspective. Exposure to power interconnect a plus.
- Willingness to work design concepts with an ambiguous set of requirements.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize issues and make intelligent, timely decisions independently or in coordination with other cross-functional teams.
- Ability to take the initiative to accomplish tasks with limited direction.
- Experience with or willingness to explore multiple design concept and prototyping paths for performance, costs, and lead-time to achieve goal intent.
- Experience with or knowledge of manufacturing processes (i.e. stamping, molding, assembly)
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences (internal and external audiences).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be a team player and have the ability to interface well with all levels of personnel/management.
- Self-motivated, highly organized, detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Good communication skills; written, attentive, verbal and interpersonal.
- Experience utilizing 3D modeling software. PTC Creo preferred.
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience performing tolerance analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Office, PowerPoint).
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $89800 – $134,800(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets