Location: Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity’s Technical Engineering Support Teams analyze, test and assist in research for the development of products and processes. Team members may specialize in quality control or assurance, chemical manufacturing processes, metals, electrical connectors and components, process development, materials, and/or instrumentation. They may also handle calibration, displays, network control, mold development and audiovisual work or environmental health and safety. The Technical Engineering Support Teams are responsible for the completion of assigned engineering projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines. They plan, prioritize, and manage multiple engineering projects; prioritize tasks and assign team members to ensure that the team's overall resources are used effectively and that project deadlines are met. They evaluate and authorize changes that significantly impact the scope, budget, or timeline of a project. At times, they may work directly with customers to understand needs, gather customer requirements, identify resources and assess project risks. They create, develop, plan, write and edit operational, instructional, maintenance or test procedures for paper, multimedia or web-based publication, for non-technical and technical users.
The Technician is responsible for reviewing the request for quote for proper and complete information. The Technician is also responsible for issuing the proposal and price quotation for applicators to terminate TE Connectivity and competitor’s product. The successful candidate must be analytical, detail oriented, safety conscious, and enjoys a challenging work environment with many opportunities to develop and grow within the organization.
- Handle complex assignments requiring independent action and initiative
- Discuss technical data with engineers and other maintenance technicians as required
- Participate in problem solving activities
- May plan and coordinate activities of others, collaborate with cross functional teams, including outside contacts
- Observe and support all safety and ethics policies
- Ability to interpret blueprints, sketches, models or other visual aids.
- Ability to Follow established Procedures and Processes
- Knowledge of and experience using Engineering Guidelines, Design Rules and Specifications
- Ability to get along with others and work in a team environment
- Ability to act independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to be innovative and creative, adapt to change
- Maintain a cheerful, positive, can-do attitude, being responsive and approachable
- Knowledge of and experience with the use of measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, comparators, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Excel, MS Access and MS Word
- Applies knowledge, skills, judgment and initiative to complete a wide range of difficult tasks.
- High School Diploma/GED and 4 years of related experience or local equivalent.
- AA Degree in related discipline or local equivalent and 2 years of related experience is preferred.
This position will be in Waynesboro, PA.