Plant Controller: Future Opportunities (Relocation Provided)
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
By applying to this Talent Pool, you are not applying for a specific position, but joining a community that gives us the opportunity to get to know you and reach out when appropriate.
The Aerospace, Defense & Marine (AD&M) Business Unit is currently seeking plant controllers for several of our plants across the US. The Plant Controller must be an exceptional business partner to the plant manager and his/her teams. This position is responsible for pulling together all plant financials, analyzing and bridging between details at the entity level and up-leveling results for review by global management. The role reports directly to the Relay Operations Finance lead with a strong dotted line to the plant manager.
TE Connectivity's Financial Controlling Teams coordinate, administer, and control financial operations. They review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports, direct all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. They also oversee the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements. Immediate interviews for qualified candidates. Full relocation assistance available.
- A key contributor to the plant strategy by providing financial support and risk analysis
- Coordinate and drive the forecast and budget process
- Drive the financial performance improvements across all operational areas including material spend, labor and overhead.
- Provide financial support and analysis for the plant including capacity analysis, automation projects and other capital investments
- Coordinate and conduct monthly plant reviews. Maintain standard and monthly reporting on operations finance topics
- Perform analysis and reporting on Inventory, WO variances, Standards Analysis, PPV, and Subcontracts.
- Perform tasks in compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and accounting policies to maintain a strong control environment for inventories, fixed assets, capital, and other areas
- Prepare financial validation and follow up to Capital Equipment Request (CER)
- Review and approve savings projects and monitor achievement
- Lead asset management, asset transfer efforts, and inventory accuracy
- Lead, develop and manage team
- Participate/Engage in LEAN manufacturing
What your background should look like:
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S. or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
- A forward-thinker, energetic leader who demonstrates diversity in their experiences and is a strategic business partner
- Exhibits a compelling drive for accomplishing goals with a strong sense of urgency
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Prior finance experience in general accounting principles and process
- Good understanding of financial analysis, financial modeling, forecasting, reporting and manufacturing costing
- University Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience: Min 5+ years of finance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of standard costing, variance analysis, cost accounting, cost analysis and reporting matters
- Understanding of financial drivers and their impact within a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of manufacturing, procurement, and other supply chain matters
- Familiarity with SAP, excel and data manipulation
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets