Sr Field Application Engineer- Photonics (REMOTE)
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity’s Field Application Engineering Teams work intimately with our customers to discuss products and solutions for new and existing applications. With technical skills and hands-on experience at eye level with engineering they identify new applications, requirement modifications and enhancements to meet customer expectations. The FAE is the technical backbone of our sales team and the ambassador of our technical competencies in photonics with manifold industrial applications.
- Provide technical sales support to customers which leads to new projects in existing and new areas that fall within TE competencies and focus applications. Provide technical support to sustain the existing business for customers, leading to increased sales and market share of the TE sensor business through being a competent technical partner to the customer. Fill new product pipeline and win projects to ensure future growth.
- Build credible customer relationships and build on our reputation as a Photonics specialist
- Strategic Perspective: Target industries with solution-based approach. Capitalize on Product leadership along with focus applications. Identify potential customers who may grow into key or strategic customers and possibly offer custom products.
- Leadership: Adept at directing customers and managing distributors and coordinating with Account Managers, Product Management, Engineering, Operations, Quality and supporting resources.
- Company & Customer Expertise: Understand applications of our products and how to cross reference competitor products.
- Direct customer interaction as well as interface role within the team to coordinate joint external communication
- Negotiation: Negotiate technical solutions towards a positive outcome for both parties. Ability to persuade and convince.
What your background should look like:
- BSc Degree in (Industrial) Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of experience and business drive. Photonics Background, preferably hands-on experience with photodetectors like APD’s and PIN photodiodes and optoelectronic systems
- Professional English and German language skills
- Communication: Excellent communication skills. Possess proficient presentation skills. Ability to learn and grow.
- Quick learner on multiple products, technologies and manufacturing capabilities
- Technical problem solver, troubleshooter and innovator
- Project management experience is an advantage
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Ability to translate customer requirements into TE offerings and negotiate the requirements when needed
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $110,000- $128,000k