Stamping Operator II (2nd Shift)
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Stamping Teams operate assigned automated stamping machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
Stamping Operator II
The Stamping Operator II is responsible for set-up and operation and minor troubleshooting and repairs of high-speed stamping presses. This includes making necessary adjustment to stamping presses and auxiliary equipment
Responsibilities and Qualifications
- Operate Stamping Press per Standard Work Instructions
- Perform quality checks per the Quality Inspection Plan (QIP).
- Load and label reels. Monitor vision system. Check and keep lube filled.
- Documentation during shift including IPCS, trace, documenting repair log during shift, fill out pro job ticket and scrap form and report production in Hydra.
- 5S – Housekeeping and organization. Remove scrap and change scrap pan as required. Empty trash.
- Troubleshoot and make minor repairs to stamping process.
- Monitor and verify press operation; escalate issues as needed
- Train other operators as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- 1-3 years of work experience operating high speed stamping presses, preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree in a technical discipline preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and use various measuring devices.
- Ability to do close tolerance grinding, milling and drilling.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets