SR Quality & Reliability Engineer
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Quality Control and Reliability Teams ensure product and / or product components comply with specifications and quality standards. They test and inspect products against performance and integrity criteria to ensure product quality and reliability, and to determine the suitability of product release.
This position is responsible for assisting quality with Quality System support by assisting in management of CAPAs, RMAs, Management Review, audits, regulatory submissions and aiding in monitoring the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Assist Quality manager in establishing, implementing and maintaining the quality management system.
- Responsible for continual improvement activities to enhance the quality system, such as 5S, Kaizen, Lean methods, etc.
- Validate new equipment, products, or processes. Prepare, run and analyze data for IQ, OQ, PQ, SQ and FMEAs protocols and reports.
- Train operators and engineers in validation activities
- Interface with Engineering, Sales, Purchasing, and Operations to ensure transfer to Production of new products is in accordance with specified requirements.
- Knowledge of APQP including Control Plans, FMEA, PPAP, MSA.
- Provide support to departmental Quality Inspectors as necessary to ensure that products and processes comply with the relevant requirements of the quality management system.
- Create and modify current procedures and instructions.
- Support return product analysis, MRB and complaint systems
- Investigate complaints from customers, suppliers and internal non-conformities. Conduct root cause investigations, determine corrective action, and verify effectiveness
- Develop internal audits to ensure compliance with applicable standards / regulatory requirements
- Represent the Quality Department in a variety of quality improvement areas such as the cost reduction projects, Material Review Board, and continuous improvement
What your background should look like:
- Must be U.S. citizen or green card holder
- Apply knowledge of QA Tools e.g. APQP, FMEA, GD&T, PPAP, and SPC
- Six Sigma Green Belt experience is plus
- Familiar with formal quality system assessments (i.e. ISO 9001, ISO 13485)
- Broad Knowledge of quality improvement methodologies and related statistical tools and techniques
- Excellent technical procedure writing skills..
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
- Good organization, verbal, writing and listening skills
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Work with cross-functional teams to improve processes and to drive product quality
- Good communicator and customer friendly. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Project & PPT)
- Computer skills with inventory and manufacturing software, order processing systems, spreadsheets and word processors
- Up to 25% travel with possible international travel
Education and Experience:
- 4 year degree or Masters degree preferred
- 3-4 years of experience
- ASQ Certification a plus