Principal Mechanical System Architect (Remote)
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity is committed to investing in our greatest asset – our people. As part of our focus we are proud to announce our newest opportunity, our Engineering Development Program! Different from an entry level rotation program, this program focuses on professionals with prior work experience and does not include rotating job positions. This two-year program is designed to provide robust business and personal development opportunities in addition to your primary engineering responsibilities in the Data & Devices Business Unit.
Complete a personalized development journey that identifies your individual strengths, areas of opportunity, and creates a path to strengthen your development
Complete Harvard Business School Online courses to obtain a Certificate of Specialization in Leadership & Management
Apply your knowledge and experience in a Capstone Project to support the business
Participate in mentoring and coaching with Communications Solutions Segment leadership
Engage with an Executive Coach to further your development
About the Data and Devices Business Unit:
Data communications applications change at an exponential pace and the Data and Devices Business Unit is at the heart of a continuously expanding connected life. Accordingly, we provide responsive, iterative and fundamentally agile capabilities to support today's demands. Our customers are building the devices and the infrastructure that is redefining what information technology means. Our products push markets and meet the ever-changing need of the evolving, more connected, data-driven world. We are enhancing the way we do business, focusing on the most important things and staying agile and responsive to the needs of a faster, more connected world.
Are you a self-starter, an influencer and have a passion for evolving high-speed data communication technology? At TE Connectivity, you will find a culture that rewards such hands-on engineering spirit. We empower our engineer to work collaboratively supporting our customer’s next generation of high-speed data communication products. This is a great opportunity to join our team that is seeking a like-minded person to develop relationships with key technology individuals at customers to understand technology pain points and direction.
What you will be doing:
As a system architect in our Data & Devices Business Unit, this individual will be focused on the compute, storage, artificial intelligence, and networking industry. You will interface with customers in order to understand how their systems function and determine their evolving technology needs. The System Architect is responsible for generating the high-level system architecture requirements and ensuring the TE technology and product roadmaps are in line with customer next generation product needs. This person is required to follow and help drive strategy both internally and externally at key industry communication standards.
What your background should look like:
As the System Architect, a typical day may include:
- Interfacing with key OEM and other customers
- Identifying potential technology disrupters (which often requires expertise in various technologies)
- Integrating customer needs, datacom industry knowledge, and business insight to create compelling visions around technology and product trends that will drive the organization forward
- Influencing executive leaders and cross-functional stakeholders to proactively invest in new technology and products to meet the next generation needs of our customers and the market
- Working within a small geographically dispersed system architecture team to share subject matter expertise and best practices
- Being an industry subject matter expert, collaborating closely with external customers as well as internal business development, strategy and engineering development teams
- Driving high value development projects (hardware and high-speed signaling) that will require you to lead and interface with large groups
- Manage the technical cooperation with customers and coordinate TE’s internal development engineering team to assure technical and functional feasibility from the eyes of the customer.
- Ensuring we are following required industry standards while also helping to drive the strategy for new standards
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering. Having a dual bachelor’s degree in business or MBA is a plus
- 5+ years experience in compute and/or networking industry system design and related technologies
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and associated signaling environments. Technical expertise in high-speed engineering and design
- Familiarity with compute, networking, AI / ML, and storage architectures.
- The geographically dispersed group requires that the candidate be self-motivating with the ability to take the initiative to accomplish tasks with limited direction
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to diverse audiences
- Effectively able to build relationships with external customers and industry leaders as well as internally across all levels, disciplines, and geographies
- Ability to spend 25%-30% of your time traveling
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $180,100-$230,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)