Plant Manager (Site Leader)
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
The Plant Manager is responsible for driving Operational excellence and contributing to define a manufacturing road map aligned with the product management strategy and the customer demand delivering all manufacturing operational and financial performance metrics by driving day to day operations to deliver the Plant Road map.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations and long-term planning for manufacturing functions, including manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, purchasing and shipping/receiving activities and quality.
- Translates customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes, resulting in cost-effective processing and profitable manufacturing of company products, in alignment with central Manufacturing Engineering function
- Sets production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, materials supply, staffing resources and volume required to meet demand and to ensure maximum production quantity and quality.
Drive Operational excellence:
- Developing and managing operations-related plans, budgets, policies, procedures and compliance activities for the manufacturing activities, and drive its proper deployment throughout the plant by using Hoshin or similar Strategy Deployment tool
- Drive an efficient manufacturing operations agenda with an emphasis on Lean Manufacturing strategies that result in improved business results across People, Quality, Responsiveness and Cost performance indicators (would replace by Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost, see point after next)
- Set and implement plan to execute S&OP process to achieve superior operational efficiencies and ECE. Provides S&OP engagements and delivers accordingly.
- In partnership with all support operation functions leads continuous improvement efforts through the deployment of our TEOA system, addressing Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost improvement activities
- Leads by example and establishes Leadership Standard Work at the site, leads Tier Meeting processes and Daily Management in the shopfloor, including recurrent Gemba Walks with his team
Lead Best in class standards in engaging and developing teams:
- Develop and nurture a EHS road map at TE standards
- In line with the growth and the profitability of the site, demonstrate and proactively drive all people management responsibilities including hiring, training, coaching, professional development, performance management compensation planning and employee relations for direct reports. Proactively address potentially difficult or complex employee relations issues while pulling in the necessary stakeholders (i.e. HR, Legal, etc.).
- Drive strategic workforce planning and successful talent development strategies aligned to business needs, OLR and strategic succession planning outcomes/requirements, and seasonality.
- Drive employee engagement at the site through an appropriate road map with strong focus on recognition
- Communicate via a standard operating system including tools ranging from 1:1s to All Hands Meeting and ensure his teams participates to the system equally
Support development and transformation of the plant to support the Business Strategy
- Supporting the development, deployment and improvement of manufacturing management processes across all departments
- Representing the site manufacturing activities towards customers when required and support ECE actions
- Represent the site legally and in front of the Works Council if applicable
- coordination of facilities for all local regional functions/safety and general issues for full site
- Managing working capital levels in line with business needs and commitments
What your background should look like:
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience working with a manufacturing organization with proven success in simplifying processes and increasing production.
- Factory transformation and project management leadership experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ of management experience required in a a large international company
- Bachelor degree in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Business, or Engineering is required