SR MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Energy business unit in Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina is seeking a Manufacturing/Industrial Engineer to lead TE’s continuous improvement program during 1st shift. The goal will be to improve manufacturing and distribution processes by reviewing process flow, production schedules, engineering specifications and logistic standards.
- Drive continuous improvement activities through the application of LEAN manufacturing techniques to effect improvements in safety, throughput, yield, quality and cost.
- Provide leadership and training in LEAN tools and methodologies including the facilitation of kaizens.
- Actively identify and eliminate waste from the Warehousing, Distribution and Production Process areas.
- Identify and lead Six Sigma Projects throughout the plant.
- Work closely with localization teams to facilitate the smooth transition of new processes/products into the production factory.
- Support cross-functional teams within the plant in support of improvement initiatives.
- Initiate justifications for capital expenditures.
- Project manage large and small capital projects efficiently to complete on time and within budget.
- Expected to spend up to 75% of time supporting production and distribution improvement activities.
- 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment supporting continuous improvement activities.
- LEAN leadership experience is a must.
- Kaizen Facilitator experience is a must.
- Proven track record in the application and use of LEAN/Six Sigma tools
- Demonstrated Project Management skills to execute cost reduction projects on time and within budget
- Individual should be a self-starter with the ability to Drive initiatives.
- Experience in a fast change, high paced manufacturing environment beneficial
- Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to manage up and down
- Experience with ERP system set up and use is a plus (SAP and/or MFGPRO)
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $95K-$125K based on experience (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets