SR MGR PRODUCT MANAGEMENT - AMS Region
Location: Salunga-Landisville, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership and capacity plans in order to meet sales and profit targets.
In this position you will lead and manage a team of regional product managers and field application engineers. You will be responsible for defining and executing the regional strategy of your products families to ensure sales growth and profitability expansion.
You will coach and drive your team (8 people across the AMS region) to ensure proper plan execution to expand our product portfolio and penetrate regional markets through proper go to market strategies, ultimately to capture new market share.
Drives Profitable Growth
- Drives and enable customer/distributor intimacy. Partners effectively with the sales organization and drives empowerment that accelerates speed and responsiveness
- Closely work with sales to drive pipeline and conversion for the assigned region with key focus in growing the product lines based on portfolio strategy and value drivers
- Execute pricing policies as defined by the global product management group
- Manage the day-to-day business – for example, special pricing, delivery escalations, S&OP, etc.- partnering with the appropriated functions
- Act with his/her team as new project development champions to drive NPI aligned to the Value Driver execution
- Track progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution to gaps together with the GPMs
- Creates a high-performing team by setting a high standard, active coaching, and selective talent upgrades. Empowers and develops team through thoughtful delegation and empowerment
- Develops stars in the teams and build solid succession for him/herself and each member of the team
- Creates / inspires a humble, learning and growth oriented, and continuous improvement mindset and culture in the team
- Foster a market-oriented and winning culture in the team
- Communicates widely and at multiple levels in the organization. Uses a variety of tools such as townhalls, skip-levels, and 1-on-1 sessions
- Fixes under-performance in a timely manner by confronting the challenges through feedback sharing and hands-on coaching. Addresses problems with agility and does not hesitate to
- You and your team are the "One face” of the business to the sales teams in the regions – drives regular and ongoing interlocks meetings with the local sales team and customers
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute SAM expansion in the region
- Work effectively with the Global Product Manager teams to drive execution of the product line strategies in the assigned regions
- Closely work with the sales organization to define must wins, share gains programs, and drives empowerment that accelerates speed and responsiveness while jointly executing GTM strategies
- Establish and develop close relationships and intimacy with key customers and focus distributors to drive growth in the region
- Ensures in-depth knowledge of the local market & customer behavior and forecast trends in the region to be fed into the broader product management teams
- They act as the “ambassadors” of customers and distributors (VOC) in the product management team for the assigned region to help developing strategies to meet/exceed market and customers’ needs
- Drive specific product management initiatives regionally including the definition and deployment of marketing initiatives
- Ensure that the right processes are put in place to forecast market trends and demand
- Drive regional growth initiatives
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering discipline or Business school degree. Preferably has an MBA. Or equivalent experience in product management field.
- At least 15+ years of product management/sales experience in an industrial environment with an international business
- Minimum of 7 years of direct people management experience.
- You have experience in developing growth strategies and executing them
- Evidence of leadership responsibility for channel, market, product management, product development and sales targets
- Communication-ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex concepts
- Understand, analyze, and articulate market needs and opportunities
- English fluency, other language (French, German, Spanish) are a nice to have
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $139,800 - 209,600 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets