SR PROJECT MANAGER ENGINEER
Location: Troy, Michigan
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Project Management Teams manage cross functional engineering projects. They work with Product Management, Sales, Quality, Manufacturing, Finance, and other functions across TE to assure projects meet financial, schedule and customer expectations. They are responsible for defining and creating project schedules, portfolio management, communication and execution of programs, identifying resource constraints and working with management for resolution, while adhering to LeanPD processes.
The Project Manager will be responsible for managing various engineering projects. He/she will be accountable for leading the projects to a successful conclusion and ensuring that each meet the targets set in terms of Design Requirements, Opex, Capex and Timeline. The role will provide leadership over New Product Development and Life Cycle Engineering projects. This will be specifically for TE’s range of terminals block, Terminals and Splices, and Identification products.
The Project Manager will direct cross-functional project team members and is fully accountable to the Project Approval Committee (PAC) for his / her projects.
Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as the “General Manager” for the project to ensure that design requirements and contractual obligations for TE are met.
- Proactively drive the detail of the Project Charter and the P&L accuracy through all project phases.
- Provide leadership over the project in accordance with TE project management policies.
- Able to keep good customer relationships through prompt communication and participation in regular face-to-face or virtual meetings
- Define, Scope-Out and Initiate the project. Understand and identify all internal and external requirements
- Plan the project work to meet objectives. Work with functional managers to ensure resources are available.
- Create and lead the project team. Ensure that the project team is prepared for Gate / Interim Gate Reviews.
- Execute the project plan to meet milestones, timelines, KPIs and the Project Charter. Identify and proactively overcome barriers and roadblocks.
- Monitor and Control. Track, review, and regulate the progress and performance of the project. Proactively prevent delays to the schedule or budget overruns.
- Completion. Ensure finalization of all activities across the project team and Stakeholders to formally close the project or phase.
- Actively identify & manage risks/liabilities associated with the project.
- Identify and align Stakeholders to the Project Charter.
- Communicate regularly with the project team and all Stakeholders.
- Supply regular reporting to senior management on key metrics of the portfolio of projects under his/her management.
- Identify and implement improvements to the project portfolio management process.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree, Engineering preferred.
- Demonstrated Experience in New Product Development Launches
- Demonstrated experience in automotive industry or related field.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in Project Management with medium complexity
- Project Management Certification desired in CAPM, PMP, or PgMP from the Project Management Institute (PMI) – or – Scrum Master certification from Scrum.org or related certification
- Strong and thorough knowledge of technical tools specific to Project Management, as well as knowledge on general engineering tools. Experienced MS Project user.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work with diverse teams.
- Strong ability to set goals and motivate team members.
- Able to work within a cross functional team to maintain schedule and financial goals throughout a project.
- Ability to drive projects with external organizations and customers.
- Capable to run multiple projects at the same time.
- Ideal candidate is proactive, resilient, and self-confident.