MGR I SUPPLY CHAIN
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Supply Chain Managers are responsible for the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials. They ensure the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at the established levels. They coordinate and integrate the flow of materials and information among suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and customers, identifying opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain. Resources are focused on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through production processes, and the establishment of key performance metrics and benchmarks to monitor actual performance against goals.
- Drive organization transformations towards end-to-end supply chain responsibilities.
- Identify performance issues and drive performance improvements with the team to reach key performance indicators including but not limited to Delivery Performance, Inventory, Backlog, and Lead Time. Mentor, lead, and guide direct reports including the materials planning team, warehouse, and dock associates.
- Be responsible for control of inventory levels; depending on demand to ensure sufficient stock is available while at the same time ensuring an optimum stock turn through effective planning.
- The position directly influences the short-term business performance of the company in terms of target attainment, controls the response to customer orders, the amount of money tied up in stock.
- Proactively approach other functions and supply chain partners for end-to-end optimization.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in supply chain optimization and planning in comparable environment, close to manufacturing operations, preferable high-mix, low volume.
- Proven experience in organization transformation, team leadership, and team development.
- Proven track record of supply chain improvements.
- Wide range of planning experience (Capacity Planning, supply planning, scheduling) including working experience in supply chain and ERP systems (e.g., SAP). SAP knowledge is preferred.
- Strong background in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Power Point) to be used for analytics, decision making, and communication.
- Committed, entrepreneurial, proactive working attitude (“Driver for Change”).
- Lean Material Replenishment and Flow experience / Lean Certification and Six Sigma Training.
- APICS CPIM and SIOP Certification preferred.
- Self-motivation - be able to work under pressure, be flexible, reliable, and able to deliver results according to specific targets in direct support of departmental goals and objectives.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S.,or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $87,600 – $131,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets