MFG & PROCESS TECHNICIAN III (3rd shift)
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Are you looking for a diverse, fast paced, and growing business to join? Do you pride yourself on completing meaningful and quality work? If so, TE wants you! We are looking for motivated, dependable and team- oriented Extrusion Technicians to join our growing medical device manufacturing team in Brooklyn Park, MN. At TE, our technician teams are at the core of our business and play a critical role in manufacturing lifesaving products for our customers every day. These roles exist to support production and to ensure that our customer commitments are met, on-time, every time.
This position is responsible for the safe set up and operation of plastic extrusion equipment and to manufacture custom and complex medical tubing
3rd Shift 10pm-6:30am Monday - Friday
There is $3000 sign on bonus for 3rd shift hires.
- Start up and operate the extrusion equipment according to approved parameters for the item(s) to be manufactured.
- Adjust tooling as required to produce product that meets the specifications.
- Adjust processing parameters as allowed within the approved range(s) to maintain the product within the approved specification.
- Inspect product according to approved methods and standards using approved equipment.
- Collect and package product according to approved standards and deliver to the next station listed on the work order.
- Observe machine operation to detect work-piece defects or machine malfunction.
- Measure work-piece dimensions with dies and gauges as well as visions systems to determine accuracy of machine operation.
- Performs minor machine maintenance such as oiling machines, dies, or work-pieces.
- Complete and submit all completed paperwork or electronic data entry.
- Purge, shut down and clean all equipment according to approved methods (where applicable), and remove tooling in preparation for the next work order to be processed.
- Train on new operations, run new part numbers, and support extrusion lines as needed.
- Update Extrusion documents as needed.
- Support R&D builds and provide feedback on tooling, equipment, dimensions, and issues.
- Confers with supervisors and management to address and resolve problem or complaints
- Follows all safety guidelines and policies and promotes safety adherence across all line operations.
- Participate in continuous improvement and quality initiatives to enhance line production operations and processes to assure the quality of all products.
- Positively embody and support the company’s policies and procedures.
- Have a strong sense of personal accountability, conflict resolution, collaboration, and flexibility.
- Support and promote a respectful workplace.
What your background should look like:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- 3-5+ years of experience operating in a manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particle and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is loud.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Direct extrusion experience preferred but not required- we will train you!
- Basic computer skills.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $49800-74800(subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets