STAFF FIELD APPLICATION ENGINEER
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Field Application Engineering Teams work intimately with customers to recommend products and solutions for new and existing applications. They identify new applications, requirement modifications and enhancements to meet customer specifications and conduct on-site installation and service of product and are responsible for all technical aspects of the sales cycle for potential application of company products to meet customer needs, including identifying opportunities; determining solutions; creating demand; preparing detailed product specifications and technical marketing support; ensuring high quality and timely project execution and conducting follow-up technical support. They also approve operational quality of systems and equipment.
We are is seeking a qualified engineer for our Staff Field Application Engineer role. In this role you, will support various clients in the San Francisco Bay Area and onsite activities for various TE products. This will include new product introduction, VAVE Activities, Plant Trial Runs, Failure Root Cause Analysis, and Quality Corrective Actions. To be successful in this role, you should have a broad working knowledge of electrical connection systems, how vehicle startups operate and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment. You will work closely with the customer and internal cross functional teams to offer superior support and provide innovative solutions.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Identify new opportunities and solutions to meet customer’s needs, propose modifications and enhancements to customer specifications.
- Work closely and strategically with TE Sales and Product/Process teams to provide customer viewpoint and support business growth.
- Lead/participate in Customer engineering meetings and internal team meetings to ensure timely project execution and planned breakpoints are achieved.
- Support on site vehicle assembly plant trials, problem investigation, root cause and follow-up corrective actions/technical support as needed.
- Support documentation for customer and internal engineering changes / design studies as needed.
- Participate in the customer’s engineering activities; communicate with the program Team; understand the customers system requirements and proactively respond to their needs.
- Document and issue Customer meeting minutes, record action items and reply in a timely manner; Capture meaningful customer feedback and communicate to cross functional internal teams.
- Work closely with Customer testing team and internal team to plan and negotiate requirements.
- Effectively communicate (oral and written) Prepare and present detailed product specifications and technical marketing information to customer.
- Manage and coordinate multiple projects that run simultaneously. Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment.
- Periodic travel is required depending on project needs.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering; Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, etc.
- 5-10 years professional working experience in Resident Engineering.
- Must be local to Irvine area
- Ability to visit customer 2-3 per week.
- Ability to effectively organize and prioritize issues and make intelligent, timely decisions independently or incoordination with other cross-functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Must be a team player and have the ability to interface well - with all levels of personal/management
- Good communication skills; written, verbal and interpersonal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, Office, PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $128,300 - $192,500 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets