MGR MATERIALS PLANNING
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity is seeking a qualified Materials Planning Mgr. In this role, you will be responsible for managing inventory, purchasing, planning, forecasting, controls freight and logistics operations to ensure the highest level of operations and customer satisfaction with control over costs and resources. You will also determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase requisitions in compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis and collaborate with the finance and procurement teams to develop strategies to support plant cost.
- Lead materials planning team emphasizing safety, performance, and the development of a desirable work environment.
- Ownership of forecasting, purchasing, inventory management, supply planning, procurement and logistics activities across raw materials, component, packaging and finished goods suppliers
- Evaluating and improving existing logistics strategies (freight) for all shipments inbound, domestic and international, as well as recommending new strategies for even more efficiency.
- Maintain inventory levels based on monthly ABCXYZ methodology.
- Provide glidepaths with actions and strategies to achieve company goals.
- Maintains the purchasing system to ensure optimal purchase quantities and timing at the lowest possible logistical expense and to provide accurate and continuous inventory information.
- Manage Supplier Relationship, Development, and Performance.
- Collaborate with our Customer Care Team to support Customer escalations or meetings.
- Perform risk analysis, and develop mitigation plans and solutions to problems. Monitor Daily DOH and Coverage.
- Supervise, Train and audit Material Analysts Std.
What your background should look like:
- 5-8 years of work experience in a manufacturing environment in a materials management or related role.
- Bachelor degree in related field.
- Strong knowledge and experience of MRP/ERP Systems (SAP), ideally Integrated Business Planning (IBP).
- Extended knowledge of planning processes (MRP, MPS, S&OP).
- Basic knowledge of Lean Production (Value Stream Mapping, Material Replenishment and Flow, PFEP, etc.)
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- General knowledge of Operations / Manufacturing processes in automotive plants.
- Experience in an international environment and the automotive sector is an advantage.
- Excellent collaboration skills required. Able to effectively communicate at different levels of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly analytical to identify improvement opportunities.
- Capability to drive and sustain performance improvements.
- Conceptual and problem-solving skills, pragmatic approach with the ability to drive results.
- APICS qualification highly desirable.
- Availability to travel occasionally.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $74,800 – $112,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets