Sales Engineer/Global Account Manager - Remote
Location: Los Angeles, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Account Management Teams are responsible for selling TE's products, systems, or services, providing detailed technical product information, and maintaining relationships with customers in assigned geographic territories, industries, or accounts.
TE Connectivity's Data and Devices Business Unit is seeking a strong Technical Sales Engineer responsible for promoting TE products and solutions to strategic semiconductor accounts. This position is responsible for both defining and executing a strategic account plan for profitable growth by leveraging the full TE portfolio of products, services, and core competencies. This position requires strength in coordinating Engineering and Product Management support to ensure a strong partnership is maintained with key influencers in the data-centric markets.
Role: Sales Engineer/Global Account Manager
Salary: $109,900 – $164,900
- Serve as the primary technical and commercial interface between the customer and TE Connectivity.
- Work closely with semiconductor partners to maximize print position on their reference. designs with TE’s current and future product portfolio.
- Strong technical capability to be able to independently lead both mechanical and electrical discussions with customers.
- The role is a blend of Technical Sales & System Architect that will accelerate product & technology roadmaps.
- Ability to independently lead technical discussions with key packaging design influencers and system architects.
- Work closely with procurement teams to negotiate local and global opportunities.
- Work closely with TE FAEs and System Architects to ensure the team is supporting the global customer as necessary to become a strategic development partner.
- Develop and maintain relationships at all levels with the customer.
- Maintain a high level of awareness about industry trends and competitive activity within the data-centric markets.
- Drive sales growth through the maximization of resources and execution of market segment strategies.
- Effectively communicate with all other team members globally to promote the business needs of the customer.
What your background should look like:
- BS degree in either Electrical or Mechanical Engineering required
- 10+ years of Engineering/ System Architecture/ Product Management/ Technical Sales experience in the electronics industry (technical experience preferred)
- Requires candidates with technical knowledge about developing and manufacturing electronic components
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize
- Strong interpersonal & negotiating skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to travel as required
- Successful candidates will have a strong ability to work independently
- Outstanding networking, influencing, and listening skills
- Experience reading/interpreting customer drawings
- MBA is preferred
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $109,900 – $164,900 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets